Oghorille's 10g Paludarium DIY
Complete newbie to the Paludarium world but I was inspired to start one after reading some journals on here (medicineman has some unique setups), so here goes.
- 10 gallon tank
- Sphagnum peat moss substrate (along with 5lb of inert black sand as a base layer for the rocks)
- 8 watt CFL light but I am going to hit Home Depot for a plant light that is a bit more powerful
- 45 gph pump + tubing for waterfall
- various rocks ranging in size, with large lava rock as base to get the look
- s. Repens
- lobelia cardinalis
- anubias nana (just the rhizome, has no leaves)
Humidity is at 99%, top is covered with plastic wrap completely. Can I get some thoughts/advice?
What kind of fish/wildlife would you suggest that are extremely low maintenance? I am probably going to get 2-3 white cloud minnows for the water but I'm not sure about anything else (frogs/anoles/etc).
The pictures attached are with just s. Repens. I will show pics from the update today shortly.