So I am planning on setting up a low tech 2.5 or 5 gallon (havent decided yet, but lets assume I choose 2.5g) and I am looking for advice on almost every aspect.
I will list some questions below as well as some ideas I am having, but I really want you to have fun with this and give me a cool idea or a dream tank of yours that never came to fruition that may fall within the parameters I am looking to implement. Here goes;
I am looking to keep this project under $100 total that achieves the goal of a truly unique aquarium (not sure what that means exactly yet). Here is what I wont need to buy:
- 2.5 gallon tank
- co2 rig (I have a fluval nano co2 20g on hand)
- filter (aquaclear 20, seeded from my main planted tank)
- Substrate (I have 5lb of inert black sand, considering using it as a cap for something else or just buying a small bag of flourite or whatever you guys recommend).
- I plan to dose Flourish and Excel, and Iron since I will be buying the fundamentals pack sold by Seachem
Here is what I don't have that I will need to consider:
- Flora - looking for low tech plants that will thrive and that will fill out the tank well
- Fauna - thinking of shrimp only, not sure yet
I really want your opinions here guys, as well as any tips or tricks to consider.
Running list (with links) of the items most highly rated by you guys which I will use in my setup as well as a price point for each item:
: Seachem Plant Pack Fundamentals (http://www.amazon.com/Seachem-Plant-Fundementals-different-100ml/dp/B0002DGNIS) - $12
Like I said I am trying to keep the entire project under $100, if possible that would be amazing. I realize however that a quality light could run me up to like $75, but I still think it is possible to achieve a stunning effect on a tight budget if we all pool our ideas and experiences together. Thanks guys; I hope this helps anyone looking into a nano setup that is looking for ideas/inspiration!