el_santo's ADA 45-P : The ToD ** large picture warning ** - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
Red face el_santo's ADA 45-P : The ToD ** large picture warning **

The ToD (Tank of Death as its affectionately known to me and my wife) hardware-wise is an ADA 45-P, ADA's 8000K 32w light, paintball CO2 injection via GLA's paintball regulator (good stuff!) set at 3bps, Do-Aqua! lily pipe, Eheim 2213 filtration, ADA Amazonia 2 substrate, ADA power sand, with ADA ferts (Step 1, Special Lights, Potassium).

Flora: Riccia fluitans, blyxa japonica, bacopa something-or-nother and some other stuff I've forgotten to write down, and a marimo ball that's too cool to do away with.
Fauna: neon tetras (2), dwarf emerald rasboras (4), microrasboras (3), otocinclus (2), dwarf kori cat (1), red cherry shrimp (??).

The layout is distinctively "newbie" with traces of "i don't know what i'm doing" while leaning towards a more progressive take of "why won't this stay planted?".

Its taken a few months for the tank to settle down to a point where I don't hate it and wish I'd never spent the money on it that I have. And yes, yes I know its nothing but green and the layout is pretty lame; it'll have to do for now until I learn more.

el santo
20g algae machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Beautiful tank! I think the Riccia looks the best

Eheim Classic 2213
Eheim Pimp #341

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (55/100%)
Send a message via AIM to jinsei888 Send a message via MSN to jinsei888 Send a message via Yahoo to jinsei888 Send a message via Skype™ to jinsei888
fantastic looking tank!

Terence K.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Down_Shift
wow that's really good for "I don't know what I'm doing and I wish I didn't spend the money" lol
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
That looks really nice. I like the way that the plants are almost all the same color green, but with contrasting textures. What is that little swordplant-looking thing in the middle?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
hey thanks for the compliments.

i did, sort of strive for a 'monochrome' color scheme, but it originally started out with some nice driftwood pieces and i couldn't get them to settle, then a serious attack of green water and other algae really had me tempted to take everything down and throw it away.

i see so many nice layouts and scapes that i knew i wouldn't be able to achieve that look so i sort of let the plants dictate where things go. i've got more shows of the riccia in a 'wallpaper' style format i can upload later tonight if anyone is interested in them.

hydrophyte -> i'm not entirely sure what the middle plant is, my notepad i kept when i was originally buying plants doesn't indicate what it is. i *think* its hygrophila corymbosa v. compact but i could be really wrong on it. i should've taken better notes when i was buying/planing.

el santo
20g algae machine
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Once you do a good trim and shape those stems and replant the tops, you'll get bigger and denser growth. Everything is looking good so far though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode