Mark's "L'arbre Sous L'eau" Journal (Updated pic 9-2-09) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
Mark's "L'arbre Sous L'eau" Journal (Updated pic 9-2-09)

"L'arbre Sous L'eau"

"Tree Under Water"

Don't you just love how french words roll off the tongue and seem so elouquent if you don't know what they mean.

Well, this is a journal I wanted to start for a 10 gallon tank I re-did over the weekend. It is not high tech, no special fish, not trying to have it win any contest, no fancy CO2 equipment, no high tech lighting but just a tank to house my guppies and some other plants I have that I didn't want to get rid of or wouldn't fit in my 90 gallon. Here are some specs...

Tank: 10 gallon
Filter: Whisper 20 Power Filter, with a (1) mesh bag of purigen & bio-foam filter pad
Lighting: Don't fall out of your seat! - (2) Single Fluorescent 15watt, 6700K, Life-Glo2 bulbs.
Heater: Visa-Therm in-tank
Substrate: A mix of black gravel, flourite and laterite. Also I put on the bottom, Laguna Peat Granules.
Dosing: I am dosing 2.5ml of excel daily, and then 1/2 the EI Method dose of a 20gal tank.
Flora: Rotala Rotundafolia, Limnophila Aromatica, Limnophila SP Mini, Creeping Jenny, Rotala Mac. Green, Elatine Triandra, Echinodorus tenellus, Echinodorus 'Kleiner Bar', Blyxa Japonica
Fauna: Fancy Guppies, (Coming Soon - Julii Cories, Otos, and some nerite snails)

Current Tank Journals:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Last edited by dewalltheway; 09-03-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
a whisper filter?
come on, you know better then a hanging-in-the-tank filter.

but the flora sound interesting. im curious how you arranged it.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
Well this is the photo album too isn't it?

Should look good once photos are up...

-Andrew
:hihi

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by @[email protected] View Post
a whisper filter?
come on, you know better then a hanging-in-the-tank filter.

but the flora sound interesting. im curious how you arranged it.
I know, I know...I knew I would get a comment on my filter choice. I would like to get a Rapid Canister Filter or a cheap fluval filter but with the money situation right now that is all I have. Told you this was no high tech tank!
Pics will loaded tonight. Keep you all in suspense.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
dont you have a filter left over from one of your other tanks?
you could restrict the flow or something. its better then putting that useless **** in and having it take up 1/3 of the tank.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (164/100%)
Interesting. If this is anything like Tranquility, I'm sure it will be amazing. Subscribed!

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by @[email protected] View Post
dont you have a filter left over from one of your other tanks?
you could restrict the flow or something. its better then putting that useless **** in and having it take up 1/3 of the tank.
I have a fluval 304 left over.....wait had a thought of how I could plumb it. Will have to get back to you on that. You got my mind going. Thx man!

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Sooo... where are the pics?

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Pic is up. See first post.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
Nice! I really like the layout, even if I can't pronounce the name

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Just an updated on this tank. I really am enjoying this tank. It grows at a very nice rate and the plants are so healthy.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
In one week your tanks has exploded growth!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thx O! Actually it has been about 3 weeks but the Elatine and the Chain Sword took off. I am really happy with the tropica swords in the front as well. They hadn't been doing real well but since I started this tank and put them in it, they have down well.

This tank has no CO2 going into it except for 2.5ml of excel each night.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Another good looking setup, DEW!
Always looking clean and healthy, with different styles of care.
How many displays are you up to these days?
md
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
Another good looking setup, DEW!
Always looking clean and healthy, with different styles of care.
How many displays are you up to these days?
md
Thx!

I have 3 at the moment, my 90 gal tank, this 10 gal tank, and in the process of finishing the 15 gal tank. I also setup a 10 gal minerialized grow out tank for plants that I trimmed and are awaiting shipment or plants that I am trying to grow out for sale or to use in my other tanks.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode