Spec's SpecV - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Spec's SpecV

Hello, I recently took down my 7.5 gallon cube and decided I wanted to give a shrimp tank a go. Also any suggestions on other possible stocking ideas would be cool?

Alright here we go.

Tank-Fluval spec V with the two holes in the backchambers sealed. Heres a crappy cellphone pick of one of the holesI also added a piece of aquaclear foam hoping that it will stop shrimp from going in the filter. I believe its meant for an aquaclear 110 so I only had to use a tiny piece

Heater/thermometer-Hagen marina 50w/coralife digital thermometer

Lighting-Finnex fugeray 16" although I might switch it out for the stock led if it is too much light

Substrate-Quikrete all purpose sand

Hardscape-Mopani wood

Fertilizers-Osmocote plus root tabs possibly, flourish, and maybe excel most likely not

Stocking-????rcs?????

The tank is not filled yet and I only have cell phone picks but I should be filling it later today. I want this to be maintanence free since its behind my bed and cleaning is going to be a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
I like the hard scape!

For stocking, maybe some smaller danios? The zebra danio is nice, also celestial pearl danios are gorgeous.

Also Von rio flame tetras

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefish_ View Post
I like the hard scape!

For stocking, maybe some smaller danios? The zebra danio is nice, also celestial pearl danios are gorgeous.

Good luck
I was considering the celestial pearl danios.I might do them with the rcs. Was also considering maybe just doing a dwarf pea puffer tank.

Would thai micro crabs be fine with rcs?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefish_ View Post

According to seriouslyfish.com (highly recommended for getting info on fish needs), the common zebra danios and leopard danios needs 90x30xm (35"x12") tank dimensions They are insanely active and need a LOT of swim room.. unfortunately a lot of people like to cram them in 10gs and smaller tanks though so they don't get to see the full potential of the fish.
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/danio-rerio/

Von rio flame tetra aka Hyphessobrycon flammeus also should not be kept in that small of a tank, they need 60x30cm (24"x12") tanks.
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...ycon-flammeus/

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec33 View Post
I was considering the celestial pearl danios.I might do them with the rcs. Was also considering maybe just doing a dwarf pea puffer tank.

Would thai micro crabs be fine with rcs?
I would not advise a dwarf puffer aka pea puffer with shrimp. My husband's is a rare case odd ball but most dwarf puffers will eat any invert inducing large nerite, mystery, and apple snails and large shrimp like ghost and amano, they just peck them apart. Also dwarf puffers in community tanks sometimes work but most often the dwarf puffer pecks and harasses the other fish, they're mean lil' [censor]s with no fear!

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

So i decided to check the ph of the water that was sitting in the tank and it was overrrrrrr 8!?!So anyways I took some of the sand and put it in a cup of vinegar and it bubbled like crazy. So it looks like im taking it down and putting some flourite in it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 08:24 PM
dru
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Dig the hardscape

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode