Back to forum - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Back to forum

Dear,

It's been a while since the last time i post something on the forum. Life sure has been busy and fun. I've just moved to a new place in Duluth, GA ( looking for local folks in the hobby !). Figured i've some timeline stories to tell, i chose to post all in one as my journal and hope to keep it the longest of mine.

The story goes with pictures as i remember folks on TPT always like to see pictures!

The last picture i took in my last fishing trip before in left Florence ,Alabama. It was a beautiful and lovely city to experience, both the people and itself.

Before the move, i tried to keep as much species as i could in a small tank, it didn't work out too well as the move was busier than i expected.

I had to restart everything almost from the scratch, except some mosses and a few stems of Rotala minis that i kept in emersed out door shoe's boxes.

While searching for a job , i jumped right in building a stand for my nano tank. It was fun trying to build a stand for the first time.

Then i found a part time job overnight at a busy restaurant. I didn't have time to start anything for about 3 weeks. I was trying to figure if i want to go on one large nice rimless tank or with multiple tanks. Then Petco's sale came up.

I went with steel rack from Lowe's, paid a little extra more for the closed finish if you are familiar with this type. I was trying to decide between canister filters or hang on back filters. I chose HOBs because of a few reasons.
- Space saver : I have a very limited space for tanks at the moment.
- The ease of maintenance: I understand that canister filter provides lots more space for beneficial bacteria but i do not intent to keep much fish in these two tanks, may be some cull rc shrimps.
- Budget: It is cheaper and fits my wallet. I went all in with lightings.
- The last but not least, Petsmart's sale came up.

I went with two BML XB series : One nature and one 10000k. The lights took a bit longer than i planned so i had some time to kill around with hardscape.

Gotta go to work, ill post more when i get home. Hope to catch up with some old friends here soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi its Nam =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 05:26 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Really cool pieces of wood. I love the bml lights, those two should do wonders.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Great start

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode