Kameia 26 Bowfront Goldfish tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Kameia 26 Bowfront Goldfish tank

Had this tank up and running for over a year now with plastic and silk plants. It used to have black sand as a substrate. Then I took all the sand out and had some rocks on a bare bottom for a few months before I decided to put eco-complete in. I'm pretty new to planted tanks, but recently I decided to ditch the fake plants and put real ones in. There's no Co2, my wish is that this is a low tech tank, but maybe the goldfish have too much bioload for it?

Some pics of the fake plants, sorry I didn't do a full tank shot of the before pic.

With eco-complete, Java fern ,and marimo

This was an impulse buy at petco. It's called purple waffle, and after I put it in the tank I read that it isn't a true aquatic so I took it back. Was pretty though. Anyone know of an aquatic plant that looks similar that I could put in? I also got wisteria and anubias

When I took the purple waffle back I got Argentine sword and I put the wisteria behind the anubias.

And here's some close ups of my favorite fish, just for fun. It's name is Rumo.

We also have cpds and micro rasboras in this tank temporarily because of a Co2 mishap in their nano tank that still isn't fully resolved yet.
Suggestions and advice are welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Algae Grower

Will the eco-complete lower the ph of the water to below what's ideal for the goldfish?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

hmmm I think ideal ph for goldfish is 7.5? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So far I haven't had any issues with the eco-complete, but just to be safe I think I will buffer with baking soda. Right now the ph is 7.8, everything else is alright, except the nitrate is a tad high. Would just adding more plants solve this?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to malaybiswas
what's the nitrate at? between 15-20 ppm is fine. adding plants will definitely help to control it.

Patience is the name of the game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode