drumbee23's 75gal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
drumbee23's 75gal

ok so i tore down my 20h yesterday to transfer everything into this tank...i have been working on this setup for bout 3 weeks just gathering things...i scored a major deal on a tank, stand, bunch of filters, 2 buckets of crushed coral, a big box of "dead" rock for a saltwater tank all for 150$

so i setup the 75 after cleaning it really good, i cleaned up one of the magnum 350 the guy gave me(i got 2) i also cleaned up the hot magnum he gave me...i bought bout 100lbs in flourite black and onyx sand, i got a nice piece of wood for the focal point of my tank...i cleaned and preped it, then wedged it in the tank to waterlog it...its been 2 weeks and it still wolnt sink, who knows how long it will take.i also got some more drift wood from work...so yesterday i decided to transfer everything.

Tank:Perfecto 75 gal, costum stand
light:2 nova extreme 2 bulb t5ho,
Filter/Equipment:magnum 350,Ehiem classic plus(2213)(surfaceskimmer), marineland heater, marineland powerhead.
substrate:flourite black, onyx sand
Co2:milwaukee MA957 regulator, 10lbs tank, powerhead diffusion
Treaments:dry ferts
Plants:dwarf Subulata, Sagittaria Subulata, Broadleaf Sagittaria, Water Wisteria, Moss(Chladophora aegagrophila), Watersprite, marsilea hirsuta, javamoss, oval leaf ludwigia and glandular ludwigia, and some kind of wendentii, glosso
Fish:as of now 2 Blue Danios, sunset gourami, 1 otto cats, female sorwdtail, a black rainbow shark and the few snails i picked up from my plants

hardscape

for more on my 20H that led to this

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...ee23s-20h.html

Last edited by drumbee23; 07-26-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Nice, I can't wait to see how this looks in a couple of months. That's a big chunk of wood you've got "wedged" in there. This should look real nice once it's grown in. What's with the rubber bands on the driftwood?

Regards,

Charlie Mims

"Success is not the goal, it's merely a byproduct!"
- The Fraternity of Dirt #66 -
Just because it's dirt doesn't make it low-tech.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ahh yes forgot to tell, its holding a large rocck on the wood, helping to keep it down...the piece of wood its self is about 50 lbs but it just dosent wana sink, after 2 weeks it still wants to float, i hope it dosent take too much longer...in a few months it should all be grown in and i will be happy, i need more glosso tho, then i can finish my forground plans...i plan to get the whole floor a big carpety of glosso...i also need to repostion the broad leaf ludwigia on the left side, it dosent look right to me

thnx for the comments.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Fear the Swamp!

PTrader: (176/100%)
That's a great looking piece of wood. It should look real nice as everything begins to fill in. I would try to keep the plants from completely hiding it. It's hard to tell from the pics, but will it lay more flat as it becomes waterlogged? If not, maybe some Blyxa underneath to help soften the look.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks like it's placed directly in front of a window??? Nice hardscape, but I would have picked a lighter substrate personally.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

20g Tall Low Tech Planted
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yeh i wanted to plant glosso under the glass but it prolly wolnt grow due to light issues. And the piece of wood is were i want it to be, its bout 3-4 inches fom the front glass. Yes it is infront of the window but im not worried i have ways to block the light out
i like the mix of flourite and onyx sand, i think it works alot better then regular flourite, thnx for the comments
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ok i took some better pictures(nitetime) so have a look, i also replanted that plant in the corner and added another heater due to the 70 degree mishap this morning....i geuss one 200 watt heater sint enough in a 60 degree room, but its all good now ok so im now on the lookout for some glosso so anybody who wants to get rid of some plz let me know...thnx

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode