Starting a new 3ft planted semi-low tech - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Starting a new 3ft planted semi-low tech

I started this tank +-5 weeks ago .. been adding more plants and some extra fish. Riccia is doing well and pearls every day and new growth is present on most plants. I have no idea what I want to do for a background at this stage..

F is for fish (with plants) - the more I see the more I like. Need more pictures
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Welcome to the Planted Tank f-fish!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

LOL - just saw this thread again, 9 years in and I am still in the hobby - OK MTS has me but I think I have it under control. Running 17 tanks in the fish room and a few +- 18 outdoors - maxed out at 40 odd tanks but started cutting back (as they are in storage if not used) a few years ago.

Later Ferdie

F is for fish (with plants) - the more I see the more I like. Need more pictures

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Post up some pics of hardscape. What do you mean semi low tech? What are you thinking of stocking?

Twin high tech 75's -
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Ha ha ... that was 9 years ago - tell you the truth - I actually think this was turned into a breeding setup with several dividers. Not that I am doing that anymore - a bump while moving the tank empty caused to crack a back glass - so it was retired.

9 years ago we did not have great plants or substrate etc in SA so it was probably river rock, PFS and some marsh / bog plants ... man how times have changed.

The original forum that I tracked this journal on is MIA ... oh well.

Later Ferdie

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode