The Planted Tank Forum banner

10g Betta - Started 07.13.15

591 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  slidewithme 
#1 ·
I've had a 10g tank sitting around for a while, and I finally set it up with the intention of letting my son (1.5 yrs) pick out a Betta for it. I'm really excited to have another tank (this is my third) and another Betta (this will be my second).

Tank is setup and flooded with a 50w heater, and a dual sponge filter (with a TetraWhisper 40). Ammonia is raised to 2ppm with pure liquid NH3 (10 drops).

Note: Pretty sure I'm going to have to baffle the filter outflow once I actually get a Betta. There is a lot of movement at the surface, which would not be so fun for the fish.

Ammonia is at 1ppm in the AM, 5 more drops added. In the PM, ammonia is again at 1ppm, and 5 more drops are added.

Nitrites still reading 0ppm. Ammonia dosed twice again this day, 5 drops in the AM and 5 drops in the PM.

First nitrites reading!! (Picture 1) Barely 0.5ppm in the AM, but it's there! Ammonia at 1ppm (5 drops added), and nitrates at 0ppm.

Picture 1:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.