I've been getting ready for the arrival of a 250G tall tank which I'm planning to use for some discus, schooling fish, and plants.
My planned hardscape is manzanita driftwood and zebra rock. I have a 70G tank that I am using to test all the different systems I am going to put into the tank - UV sterilizer, CO2 diffuser, drip system etc. While I was doing this I figured I might as well practice some aquascaping since the new tank will be the centrepiece of my basement. Never really done this before but have been checking out some of the forums and have, obviously, seen some amazing work.
Anyways, the tank is being used to grow out a pretty good wack of different plant species (~35 or 40 I think) so that I have plenty of selection for the real thing in a month or two.
Here's the progression of the tank over the last two days. This is what I started with prior to getting a whole wack of plants:
The new tank and some closer ups:
6x DIY CO2 diffused through powerheads or filters
160W T5HO with split Giesmann midday/aquaflora
PFS for substrate with root tabs and a huge layer of mulm