1st planted 20 long - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
1st planted 20 long

This will be my first attempt at a planted tank. I just got done building my stand. All though I have had several reef tanks in the past this will be my first attempt at a planted tank. I will attatch pics as my project moves on.

Equipment

T-5 lighting current 30" with freshwater bulbs
Canister Filter (brand not sure yet researching)
DIY C02 To start off then pressurized.

Substrate
Aquarium Plants sub.

Hardscape
driftwood
petrified wood

Here is a pic of the stand

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Cool stand. I like the look of the tile with black wood. I am looking forward to seeing this develop. Welcome to the Planted Tank!

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks I have built others like it,but this one is my fav. I like to have a work place when working on the tank. Any comments welcome.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)
your stand has got my wheels turnin'. i love how any day i can come across something new or interesting in these forums. good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brandon Herren

"Betta House" 16 Gallon Bow Front
"30 gallon Rescape, Take 2"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
What a unique stand, i've never seen one with tile in front.

Welcome to the forum, and it looks like you've got some great plans for this tank!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for all the comments. The stand was inspired by a local reef store they have the most beautifull tanks. In front of all the tanks are tiles with fish on them. I was going to use the same kind of tiles but then came acroos these. It helps when you manage a flooring store. I just got my substrate in from aquariumplants.com anyone used this stuff if so some feedback. Thanks again Glad to be here.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

quick update

Well I should be getting my light tommorow. I took some pics of the tank yesterday I was rinsing the substrate. Let me know what you think of the hardscape still palying around. And yes that is a dino head my little daughter is obssesed with jurrasic park so she bought me that for my birthday. I think it looks pretty cool. I am going to cover him with some kind of moss. Ideas would be appreciated. I also am going to cover most of the tank with some HC. Any feedback is appreciated.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Neat stand. I really like the idea of having a little work surface in front of the tank. I am always resting things on the edge of the tank when I'm triming or working on them and things are always falling in!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Great looking stand! I am interested in seeing how this comes together with plants.

Tim

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update 7/8

Well I managed to get a couple pics taken before I headed off to work this morning. Let me know what you think. The vals in the back are about 1 week in and already seeing tons of runners. My hc should be here in a day or so. That is what I have so far. please give me feed back.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Nice looking setup. IMO it would look better if you couldn't see through the tank.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
looking nice, I would try to get some diffrent plants but it looks good, i agree with the backround suggestion

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode