New 75g. whaddya think? **new pics** - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to adamprice271
New 75g. whaddya think? **new pics**

Hello all, I've been trying to get creative with a hardscape for a minute, but with the restrictions of space in a 55g, I have finally gotten a 75g to mess around with.
Here is the new tank with a fresh coat of paint on the back.

On the stand, setting up slate peices for the barrier of color.

As you can probably tell, I drained the 55 into that trashcan, the rest into that 25g where the fish are hanging out, awaiting the new place. And the dog likes being part of whatever I'm doing.

Here is one small slate wall

If I could do it again, I would have built the wall ontop of the eco complete, then there would have been a bigger elevation.....oh well.

And the fish that call this home.

Serpaes

Black Phantoms

Bloodfins

Angels

Did it all in about 3 hours time. Will update later today with clear water, plants, etc.

Adam

125g semi planted. 2 silver angels, 14 silver tips, 16 white fin ornatus tetras, pair of Nicaraguense, pair of nototus severums, trio of firemouth cichlids. 2 FX5s, 1 1500gph circ pump, 2 48" LED lighs, and a HUGE piece of driftwood.

650g fish room. 15 30g tanks, 150g sump.

Last edited by adamprice271; 06-22-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Those are some of the healthiest fish I have seen in a long time. What do you feed them - Flintstone vitamins? I cannot wait to see this tank develop.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
Those are some of the healthiest fish I have seen in a long time. What do you feed them - Flintstone vitamins? I cannot wait to see this tank develop.
Haha, thanks. They are about 1.6 yrs old now, and they look alot better now, they have colored back up since the move. I feed Tetramin Pro, san fran bay Brine Shrimp and Bloodworms.

Here are some new pics with some plants now.

Adam

125g semi planted. 2 silver angels, 14 silver tips, 16 white fin ornatus tetras, pair of Nicaraguense, pair of nototus severums, trio of firemouth cichlids. 2 FX5s, 1 1500gph circ pump, 2 48" LED lighs, and a HUGE piece of driftwood.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Bump for ideas on more plants and stuff. Tell me what you think.

Adam

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ever thought of putting a piece or two of driftwood with some plants attached? Perhaps some Anubias or java fern?

Anyways, looks good. I'm saving for a 75 myself.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Bloodfins look great. I never noticed black phantom and serpae tetra have the exact same markings... Do they usually shoal together?

If you are looking for an interesting new plant, I might suggest Ulticularia Vulgaris. It is a great stem plant that grows fast and is easy.

It is a floating plant but can be anchored to the ground. It looks like milfoil from a distance. It gets a total width of 3 inches in the wild, but mine is only 1.5 inches. I speculate feeding it extra live foods and giving it higher light would achieve this size.

My tank sucks now

Fraternity of Dirt # 22
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm in the process of finding some driftwood still. Havn't seen anything too eyecatching yet. I do have a borneo fern ready to be attachted to it when I get it though.

The serpaes and black phantoms school a little bit, but normally stay somewhat segregated.

I'll check that Ulticularia Vulgaris out, thanks. I'm checking a lot out online now, but waiting to place an order until I get this weeks plant order sheet at work.

Adam

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode