Jadzy's 36 Gallon Corner Planted Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Talking Jadzy's 36 Gallon Corner Planted Tank

Okay.. I finally tore down my Saltwater Reef Tank and with the help of Jeremy VanderKelen & his wife I figured out what I wanted to put in it. After trading with them and setting up everything I have my very 1st Planted tank going (and may I say: I LOVE IT!!)

Thanks Jeremy!!

Here's pics of my tank (when I 1st got it and the setting up of my Planted tank as well as 2 very tiny hitchhiking baby shrimp ). Please feel free to give me any comments or suggestions that you may have (any and all will be greatly appreciated)!

Day 1 (June 20th, 2009) :

***Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

***Double your drive space - delete Windows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (49/100%)
'Nice start blubunny. You are making quick work on getting it going. With your enthusiasm blazing already there's not doubt this tank will be a beauty. I figured a few shrimp would make it. Put that piece into a separate bucket for about two hours to see if they would all come out but guess some didn't. You can always save them to the side and get some tiger shrimp down the road if you like or just see what happens to them.

Now its just the waiting game. Clear water, clear water. That's usually the time I stick 4 air pumps with sponge filters and a HOB filter stuffed with filter floss on there as my patience doesn't last long.

I am very glad you are enjoying the planted tank scene. I fell in deep very fast and it's because of all these great people on here. So watch yourself, you know....they will get you addicted.

Keep us posted when that water clears and you can see the rest of the weeds stuffed in there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
I love bowfront tanks. What is the substrate that you are using? It is very nice looking. Sweet looking setup. Cannot wait until the water clears so I can get a better look. I actually had my face pressed up against the computer screen trying to peer in. Hehe. Welcome to the green side of life!

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I used about 3 gallon sized wet soil bags that Jeremy gave me as the bottom layer. Then, I put about 1/4 '' of Amazonia Aqua Soil on top of that. Then I went ahead and put a really thin layer of small black gravel as the top. I had to trim about 2 inches off of my intake pipe so that it wasn't sitting in the substrate, but well worth it.

What's the best way to get rid of the snails? They are just a bit annoying to me being that they tend to overpopulate. I fished out all the actual ones that I could find and tried to get rid of most of the eggs, but most of the plants were just super covered with them (I couldn't get them all without putting pressure on the plant leaves).

Jeremy: I put most of the plants in there with the exception of a few that I knew that I didn't want. There still are a few in there that I might not want but I wanted to make sure by looking at them in a clear tank with the plant in it's natural state. I saw the bigger baby shrimp in the bucket with the wood piece and immediately thought ''awesome''! Then I noticed, the smaller one in the other bucket (he look like he was just born) and started scavenging through all of the buckets for any others but it was just those 2. I kept them in the little container until my guy came home from work this morning at around 5:30, then I after he got to see them I released them into the tank to see how they will hold up. Hopefully I will see them again as they get bigger and the water clears. Did you have anything else other then tiger shrimp, because the bigger one looked like it could have been turning to a red color. Might have been my imagination.

Sewingalot: peer harder! Here's my tank as of today.

***Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

***Double your drive space - delete Windows!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
Welcome to the world of Corner Bowfronts! Looks like your off to a great start. If you want to clear water fast, purchase some purigen. Will keep my eye on this set-up.

Current Tank Journals:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode