115G "Feng Shui Goldfish" Planted 30" Cube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
115G "Feng Shui Goldfish" Planted 30" Cube

Hello,

I have 5 tanks now (one shrimps only, one 20G nano reef, one ADA 90P planted, and one goldfish tank), but it's my first tank journal (since day 0).

As goldfish were my first love with fishes (actually, they was a gift where everything started) it always been my errors tank (too hot for them, overstock, etc.), so, I want to replace it now with completely new built to please my girlfried (she want feng shui tank with 9! goldfishes) and to pay tribute to my first fishes.

So, my target is to build "dream tank" for very very happy goldfishes and beautifully looking aquascaping.

Tank going to be planted, heavy feed, and (you know) it requires some huge investments in filtration and algae prevention (as I want to have white sands beach inside, to make it more challenging).

So, here is the setup:

Tank:
Display - 115G 30" Cube with built-in overflow from Advanced Acrylics
Sump - 29G ProFlex Sump Model 4 from Aqueon

Pumps:
Return - http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DC-9000-Return-Pump-Aquarium/dp/B00INTDJD0 with http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-Neptune-Systems-Controller-Linkage/dp/B00P6JJKF6/ref=pd_sim_199_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0MXBYJDVWYXX853GBK39Media Reactor & UV feeding: Eheim 1000 Compact Pump
Air: ALITA® Linear Air Pump with 3 outlets manifold

Filtration (everything in the sump):
Mechanical - 3 x 200 micron filter socks
Biological - K1 Media fluidized by 8" round airstone
BioPellets Media Reactor from AVAST Marine
UV - Aqua UV 15W advantage 2000+ HOB UV Sterilizer

Lighting:
2 x Radion ™ XR15 Freshwater linked by ReefLink module

Algae Prevention:
UAS Upflow Algae Scrubber (in sump) - HOG2 from Santa Monica Filtration
Twinstar Yotta Plus (in display)

Chiller: (they are cold water!)
JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller 1/10 HP

Controller:
Neptune Apex Jr. with Conductivity / VDM / pH / Automatic Feeding Modules and Apex DŌS dosing pump

I have everything settled up and running now less display tank (sump is connected to my existing gold fish tank).

Flora:
Anubias, some moses, Downoi, Cyperus helferi, a couple of crypts, bucephanandras

Fauna:
8 gold goldfishes + 1 black goldfish (as feng shui rules)

Substrate:
I'm going to have ADA Powersand, ADA Plata River sand, white sand and river gravel from SubstrateSource
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

This is how fluidized K1 Media looks like in my sump (going to change airstone to 8" circle with 1/4 ID connection these days)

1 liter of k1 will support 5 grams of waste in a 24hr period.
1 liter of K1 to 1 LPH of air is needed for the first few months. After that, less can be used as it fluidizes with ease once saturated in bacteria.
a stocking level of 60/40 is need for it to perform properly. (60% of the area should be filled with K1... looks like you have less)

Last edited by tinosan; 06-30-2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Added some info regarding K1 Media
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Dry start, planting day one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
Its a little hard to see with the glare on the glass but it looks good, can't wait to see it filled up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 02:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
dope looking. love how well you formatted your posts too. great stuff, looking forward to seeing it filled and stocked.

RIP TANKS

"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 07:15 PM
mot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
This is awesome. I love the feel of it.

-JP
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Making dry start even more horticulture: put recirculating fan inside and installed CO2 rain system for enrichment

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/80%)
Nice setup, very clean. That regulator is sick too.

-Mikey G
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

This regulator is per volume, so, I will use it only during dry start for air CO2 enrichment

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode