Radioman's Mini-M 03/18/2017 update - The Planted Tank Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Radioman's Mini-M 03/18/2017 update

So I just got back in to the hobby after a two year hiatus and decided I would start my mini-m back up. Tank has been set up for 5 days.
Specs:
Light- 13w cfl
Substrate- Fluval stratum
Co2-Pressurized
Filter-HOB aquaclear
Plants- Willow Moss, Dwarf hairgrass, java fern, soon to have Blyxa japonica and riccia
The willow moss was bought from a tank that had low light so I am wating on it to brighten up.
Fauna- 1 Mystery snail soon to have RCS.
Tank on 6-23-2015

Tank on 6-27-15

Tank on 8/3

Tank on 08/18/2015

Tank on 11/04/2015

Tank 03/02/16

Tank 09/22/16

Tank 12/14/2016

Tank 03/18/2017
BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.

Last edited by radioman; 03-18-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quick update. The tank has been setup for about a week and a half and seems to be doing fine. The hairgrass is starting to root too. I have added Rotala indica as well as riccia. The Blyxa japonica never came in the mail so i put in the Rotala. The willow moss is doing okay but I think my water may be a little warm for it.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini-M Journal 2:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 09:47 PM
kep
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
What a nice looking little tank!

|
|

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
The setup is really nice. I think it will look even better when the plants fill in. You shouldn't have any troubles with the willow moss. I got it yellow and it actually surprissed me when it almost took over part of the tank two months in.

Keep us updated.

Regards,
Mike

On hiatus till later this year
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

A quick updated picture. I removed the willow moss from the wood. It never grew in the tank and started turning brown. I have added som java moss to in the back corner. I was having trouble with fish and shrimp dying but they all seem to be doing fine now.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Algae Grower

What does your CO2 setup look like?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseym View Post
What does your CO2 setup look like?
It is a GLA regulator with a paintball tank.

Bump: Update 7/22/15
Had some diatoms come in but they seem to be going away which is good.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Diatoms went and away but came back for two days but seem to be going away again.
I removed the DHG on the right and have added some riccia that is growing out.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 12:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
If you aren't familiar with riccia, just be ready with the scissors, it grows fast and will break loose and float up if you let it get too long-bottom dies from lack of light and green parts pops off and floats to the surface. Cut with the intent of a water change immediately after, riccia is messy with its little floaty bits swirling around the surface.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I've experienced it getting all over my tank many times. It loves to get stuck everywhere!

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Here is a recent shot as of 08/18/15. I have also added 20 RCS.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
The tank is looking good. Welcome back
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Haven't updated in a while. This tank is still going strong. The only issues I'm having is snails are eating the tips of the java fern. Just ordered some assasin snails so hopefully they will take care of that problem.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I haven't updated this tank in a while. The java fern was getting eaten up by pond snails and just not looking to well so I removed it and wrapped the wood in some java moss as well as some other type of moss that was already attached to it but I can't remember the name of it.
BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

That's a beautiful tank radioman even though the ponds snails clear some of it out.

110g Tropical Community & Sakura Shrimp
55g BN Breeding Grounds, Peacock Gudgeons, Panda, Pygmies, & Smudge Spot Cories, Rili Shrimp
10g RCS and show guppies

-
-

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode