do you do any water changes?
Not regularly, so far I have done 2 water change in 5 months
I have to dose seachem nitrogen & flourish once in a while tho otherwise, the HC starts turning yellow and the hairgrass start falling apart.
The tank has been running without Co2 for 2 months or so now..and I am now using the 12" coralife 2x18w (running only 1x18w 6000K daylight) fixture which fits perfectly over the tank.
My old thread kinda got lost out to nowhere? but here is the spec:
- 3 Gallons Rimless (12 x 8 x 8)
- Eco-Complete Substrate (2-4+")
- 8 hours light per day (I've changed the light fixture a few times, from 2x13w fixture, to a clamp on with 18 sprial CF, to the 12" coralife I am using now)
- DIY co2 in the first 3 months (never changed the solution for 3 months tho...lol)
- Dose flourish & nitrogen regularly. I dosed excel once but it melted my val, so I stopped.
- Added a few cherry shrimp last week, and they seem to be doing great. I will be adding a few more later this week.
Few Observation I found with this tank:
- During the lighting times, there are a lot of micro water movement from the tiny bubbles coming out of the plants.
- There are probably thousands of copepod in this tiny tank, I think they might be what's keeping the tank algae free. There is literally not a single spot of algae in this tank. (while my other 3g tank with less lighting has much more algae)
- The hairgrass wither very quickly when there are not enough nutrients, while the HC keeps on growing but you get a bunch of yellow leaves.
- Dwarf Sag is NOT dwarf.
- My plant seems to do better in eco-complete than flourite black.