33long growout - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
33long growout

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT YET I AM WRITING UP THE JOURNAL RIGHT NOW TILL THIS SUNDAY !!!!!!! also a reminder these photos are with a 5mp cell phones camera not a good camera tank looks 200% better in person.(waiting on battery for my camera)
current photo [IMG][/IMG]
Flora:
Crypt undulata
Crypt wendtii
Amazon sword
Java moss
Java fern
Windelov Java fern
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala Indica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 33g retired

Last edited by rebelbuck1993; 06-20-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

round two, short story since the post got corrupted dam bright house internet!!!!!!!!!!
ok so heres the story on this tank i got it awhile back in very rough shape the rim was melted and the brace was cracked. so i was going to strip the tank and do a glass brace in the middle till i saw how thick the glass was, glass is 3/8" thick. so the tank was striped, and cleaned very carfuly. then i took 1000 grit wetsand paper and edged the glass for rough spots. afterwards i filled the tank and let it sit for 3 days outside full to the top. and checked for bowing which was very minimal. picked up a old 55g stand from my father's house. and was going to use it as a holding tank to hold the fish and plants while i move my 40g Breeder(gave to a kid in need) out of where my 75g was going to be placed. so when i heard a kid was looking for a tank ASAP for his bearded dragon. i gave the 40B away since i can always get another for 40$, and it had alot of scratches from my saltwater corals and such. so the 33g long was planted to tank the place of the 40 which was to be used to grow out plants and sell them(raok). now for the photos.

Bump: the beginning [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Bump: And so the striping begins. [IMG][/IMG] this is how melted it was, it melted the silicon off. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

, 33g retired

Last edited by rebelbuck1993; 06-18-2015 at 04:05 AM. Reason: .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

and here is the cleaning/scrubbing, and filling of the tank [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
the black diamond blasting sand was still a little dusty.

Bump: and here is transferring some plants into it, [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]

, 33g retired

Last edited by rebelbuck1993; 06-18-2015 at 04:22 AM. Reason: .

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

After adding a planted plus with diy co2.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

, 33g retired
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

[IMG][/IMG]

, 33g retired
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

had a bad case of algae a while back when i was down sick for 2 weeks straight, will post some aftermath photos later this week

, 33g retired
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Your Rotalla sure has colored up nicely. What is your light? Ferts? Co2?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Algae Grower

you can just pull the trim off of a tank to make it "rimless" without any extra support?

My tank journal

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rragan View Post
you can just pull the trim off of a tank to make it "rimless" without any extra support?
Not exactly yes it becomes rimless but a true rimless tank is built the first time for no support and normally has thicker glass than a rimmed tank, also rimless tanks have a flat bottom where mines doesn't so i left the bottom trim on to protect the glass, and because this tank was special built for reptiles it had thick glass from the factory which is why i am not worried about bowing over time.

Sent from my Alcatel A851L using Tapatalk

, 33g retired
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Algae Grower

rimless tank

Oh Gotcha, anyways, looks great!

My tank journal

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ok so sad update on this tank is retired, after i took the plant out and set up the 75gal tank it came down with some algae i had a hard time maintaining, then started and new job and moved shortly after to stay closer to my new job,

, 33g retired

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode