A few months ago I moved my africans to a 75 gallon. Im now moving to pressurized CO2 and am sure I am going to need some help and opinions along the way.
Here are the specs....
Filter................Eheim 2215(I am NOW aware that this filter is too small for this tank)
Lighting............Catelina Solar 48' 2x54W T5HO (1 6700k, 1 actinic)
Flora Glow 48' 1x40W T8
Powerhead........1 Rio 600 (soon to be 2)
Pressurized CO2.. Green leaf aquarium choice regulator.
Mister...............Hagen mini mod (working on that)
10% water changes 1x a week
Dose NPK + Iron + Flourish + trace 1x a week
Substrate....Eco complete Black/3 inches, and some grey gravel
Rocks.......just some white rocks (hopefully will upgrade one day)
Rotala sp. 'Colorata'
Rotala sp. green
(there are more)
2 yellow labs
1 peacock (peacock had to me removed)
1 red zebra
1 ice blue red top
1 zebra chilumba
Day one, just set up
A few weeks later. I added some more plants, equipment and the fish. things are filling in a bit
Maybe a month or so later. I took all the glosso off the rock and driftwood. Shortly after this picture things went south.
Algae happened, I trimmed a lot of it and cut back the lighting down to just the one T8 and only run the HO's 3 hrs a day.
Everything is dying... well most of it.
Will be getting CO2 soon and will go back to full light. I want to get more plants and most likely will rescape
New set up with new plants and pressurized CO2