90 gal hodgepodge to aquascape angel tank...update WOOT. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
90 gal hodgepodge to aquascape angel tank...update WOOT.

Here is my 90 gallon tank that i started about 4 months ago when i was out of work. (long story) Anyways, i had a 55 gallon in my fish room that i was propagating plants in and i thought, why dont i just put these plants in the empty 90 i have upstairs. With no layout or scheme i blindly planted and here is what i came up with.

This was after a 4 month span and it had close to 18 diffrent species in one tank. ( mostly trimmings from legomaniac)

Here is the rescaped tank after i reset it.

Very cloudy but the design is there. Lots of driftwood and a nice sloping hill down to a small area of Blyxa aubertii. In between the driftwood we have an assortment of crypt that are going to grow in and fill the spaces. Cryptocoryne wendtii var florida sunset, green gecko, tropica, affinis, and undulata. Behind the driftwood is cryptocoryne cordata var blassii and crypt balansae with the lotus being used to shade them from too much light. Among the rock work there are Anubias barteri, barteri nana, barteri nana petite, pogostemon helferi, and blyxa japonica. Attached to the driftwood is microsorium pteropus 'trident', and microsorum pteropus 'red' (i think), and peacock moss. I used my own soil mix for the nutrient layer and use 2-9235k and 2-10k/6700 power compact bulbs.

pic taken about an hour ago. Nice and clear .

Check it:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jfrank85; 08-18-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
That's a nice aquascape. I've rescaped my tank like a million times. Check out my aquarium journal.

My PSP mod:

My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Banned

PTrader: (77/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy View Post
That's a nice aquascape. I've rescaped my tank like a million times. Check out my aquarium journal.
dude you should stop that whole check out my aquarium journal thing, it's annoying.

Ugh, back on topic: Tanks like yours reeeeeaallly make me want angels, they're gorgeous.
I liked your first scape alot more though, It's a little undersized for the tank but it was nice.

Wabi Kusa is just an Aquascape Katamari

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Yeah i like it but i like going more for the dramatic. The whole wow factor ya know.

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
Duuuuuuuudde niiiiice! That Blyxa really is turning red under those lights. Just one suggestion....get a background to hide the cords.

This'll look so sweet in a couple of months

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I like the cords i think it gives it an industrial, Gary Indiana feel lol. Do we have black background for 48 X 25?

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Aroid Addict

Lol that is true.

I think so...I know we have a 24" black/blue background for sure.

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Side View:

Check it:

Other tanks:

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 AM
Algae Grower

When that lotus and the crypt balansae fill in, it'll look sweet. Good luck with it, and keep bringing trimmings to the meetings...they're great for my college kid budget

(BTW Lego...your stuff seems to be taking hold pretty well in my tanks, the bonsai has started notably growing already. And the polygonum I got from sean has grown 2-3 inches since sunday night.)
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via MSN to kenhuang6269 Send a message via Yahoo to kenhuang6269
Nice~~~~

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
That tank has improved a lot! It's getting so much better

-Chris

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I think the colors of the plants and fish would really pop if you had a black background

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Really nice rescape. Not crazy about the flat stones but they work for the natural tarace effect, I'd stuff HC or moss between them and allow it to overgrow and hide the rough edges, making it appear to be a more unified mountainside rather than stacked stones.

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
My 90g has a lot more plants but it does not look half as good as this one!!
I like the way the driftwood looks and seriously I'm trying not to run to the LFS and get some angels.
A black background and some more time!

"No se vive celebrando victorias, sino superando derrotas."
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Aroid Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidexl View Post
Really nice rescape. Not crazy about the flat stones but they work for the natural tarace effect, I'd stuff HC or moss between them and allow it to overgrow and hide the rough edges, making it appear to be a more unified mountainside rather than stacked stones.
Yeah! Something like Weeping Moss would look so BA growing out between the slate and around the Anubias.

---

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode