Me and my Beach! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (30/100%)
Me and my Beach!

A few months ago my aunt and uncle asked if I could set up another aquarium in their other business office, since they liked the first one that I had set up in the main office. That one will soon be broken down and renovated, never really had an official journal for that one though. Stay tuned for that. So during this past Memorial weekend, I know I know it's been a while, I found time to finally set it up.

Since getting into the hobby, I've always wanted to test out Mineralized Topsoil capped with a decorative sand and decided to use it for this set up, since I wanted to do a sandy beach-type scape. So Cardinalskeeper, a fellow SoCal resident, steered me in the direction of Nilocg, who hooked me up fat with some MTS for a nice price. Thanks again guys! With this substrate, I figured I would go with mostly heavy root feeders such as Swords and Crypts. Other plants used will be complimentary to accentuate the main plants used.

After getting the go-ahead, I right away thought of using a 20 gallon long. Just my luck! My younger brother's girlfriend had broken hers down and went with a 29 gallon tall, which was more to her liking. Very nice of her to offer it to me. Can't complain! Tank...check.

Now I needed a stand. I asked a good friend of mine if they could help me out with making an ADA style replica in black. Gave the measurements and...Waalaaaa! This is what I got...

Pretty solid and not too shabby looking I might say. But wait a minute, the tank itself didn't fit perfectly on the stand! Dumb! I gave the measurements of the tank without the frame/trim included! So parts of the tank were sticking out. I wasn't comfortable with it sticking out so I decided to source a custom 20 long. Remembering our friend Jeanie of Pet Supreme mentioning she had some custom tanks made for herself, so I gave her a call and...BAAAMMM!! This is what I got...

Zero to a hundred...built and delivered...real quick! But I thought too quick, so I waited a few days, it was advised by Jeanie of Pet Supreme to wait a bit before I water tested. No argument here.

Water tested for about 5 days. No leaks, pretty clean seal job and craftsmanship = happy customer!

Here's a pic of me messing around with the driftwood I found on one of my hiking adventures.

Enough of the blah blah blah! Here's the rest of the pictures...

I'll fill in the rest when I get a chance...

Feel free to ask questions. I'll be more than happy to answer them. Also I'm open to suggestions, criticism, pretty much anything. It's all welcome!

~Tyrone~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tyrone; 06-04-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
dru
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Bad ace tank!

Love the driftwood and stand

Will be following along
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
great start!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Gorgeous! Reminds me of a beach where I live, looks so natural. Nice job

The Dueling 20's Journal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode