120 gallon tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
120 gallon tank

This is my first attempt at a planted tank. Kind of a low tech setup. I know it may be a bit of a sin around here but I do like the fish more then plants. But I think a good aquarium has both.

Please let me know your opinions even if it is criticisms(just no flames) so I can expand my knowledge. I do not claim to be an expert, just a person having alot of fun fish keeping.

http://7designs.com/Aquamaniacs/default.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via MSN to timme278
looks good

fyi... you should post pictures, people dont like links because horrible people sometimes do viruses

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I understand. I do post on multiple sites so it is easier to just update one place.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I originally bought this tank planning to use it as my saltwater tank, but now that I traded my 55 gallon for a 150 gallon this became my new freshwater tank. Here are some photos of the initial setup. I still need to add the rock. I have a couple cichlids but more on them later.

Gave the stand a fresh coat of paint.

Cleaning the tank.

Cleaning the sump.

Twice the size of the old 55 gallon tank.

Overflow box had a crack and was glued. Not sure if it will flow enough with one u-tube.

Finally at its new home.

Arranging the plants. The new 150 gallon tank in front holding the water out of the 55 gallon.

Filled it with the water out of the 55 gallon aquarium.

Topped off. Still need to put the doors back on.

The sump with the Mag Drive 9.5 running.

Waiting for the water to clear.

Bad picture of one of my cichlids.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via MSN to timme278
very nice

glad to see pictures lol
whats your lighting?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Right now I am using the 50/50 cf coarlite 48" I got with it. But will be changing it soon, just have to decide what to go with.

Cleaning rocks now. Wished I could have had more time to set it up, but I wil make due.

Looks bare and needs more plants, didn't really have enough for the 55 gal so definitely not enough now.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Added some rocks for the Cichilds to play around

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

New guy on the block

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Nice tank. How do you like the additional size of the 120?

-Chris

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (57/100%)
very nice! it looks great!

Wilson

- As of 8/10, gone nano-reef!

, last updated 1/14
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwatkins10 View Post
Nice tank. How do you like the additional size of the 120?
Thank You

I love it, it really looks good in the room. I just had to problems, not enough fish and not enough plants. I am working on the fish part. Now I just need some more plants. It is fun to watch the plants grow that I do have. And my sword tell has gave me many clippings I have replanted.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode