Beginner 55g aquascape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beginner 55g aquascape

Hey guys new to the site and thought id join in showing my very newly rescaped 55g Discus tank. In hope to have some feed back of what you guys think of it and see if you have any suggestions that you may have to improve the look of it. There is still a bit of work to be done on it in regards to adding more plants but heres what i have so far.
Tank:
48x12x20
3 T5 HO 54watt 6500K Bulbs
DIY Co2 2x5L Jugs
DIY Powerhead powered Co2 Reactor
Normal gravel (Would like to add Flourite or eco-complete to it if Id be better off?)
Here it is.

I have a problem with finding a good spot for the DIY Co2 reactor in the left hand corner which is interfering with the filter output. I think I may transfer it to the right side behind the wisteria under the other powerhead used for circulation on the right side.
Still not sure if i want to arrange the right hand corner a bit by spreading out the pogo infront of the Red Myro? Instead of next to it which is bunching it up to much or bring it all to the left side and leaving the right open for only foreground plants which may open the tank up more.
If i dont transfer the right to the left any suggestions for plants that could go well in the left hand corner around the filter output and if the is any other way to get the output out of the way while still producing good circulation?
Im sorry if I sound really inexperienced Im still learning. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
UPDATE:
Well i couldnt wait so i decided what i wanted to do and decided to switch the sides over...
I came up with this...

Also looking over it today there are a few more changes i would like to make which includes speading out the baby tears and switching some crypts to the right side which i have highlighted on this pic...

I hope you guys enjoy and i still would love to hear some opinions you may have...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (41/100%)
the tank looks good
i am i discus fan so
can we have a list of plants?
water parms. etc...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 03:48 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
I hate that your 55 looks so good. (By the way, that's a weird compliment.) I would definitely add some more substrate like eco or flourite. You will be able to grow more plants in the future that way. Welcome to the Planted Tank!

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode