46 gallon, its been awhile!! Take a look--BETTER PICTURES ADDED... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (38/100%)
46 gallon, its been awhile!! Take a look--BETTER PICTURES ADDED...

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I have posted this tank, and I just shuffled a few things around.

Let me know what you think
Sorry about the pictures...I can't figure out how to get my camera to like my tank, the bowfront makes it hard.

Substrate is turface,
plants are:
Willow hygro, sunset hygro, hygro 'bold', rotala indica, echino. vesuvius, crinum calamistratum, melon sword, anubias, crypt. retrospiralis, dwarf lily, rotala walichii, rotala macranda, crypt. rosanervig,

I'm missing some...

Fish, mostly harlequin rasboras, hatchets, GBRs, and CPDs

I'm open to criticism, let me have it

Last edited by Cwhite; 02-25-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal
It's a little small to see it all, but I think it will gonna be nice. The left side needs to grow up some. I would like to see a bigger px.

Just keeping on keeping on....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeah it is really small...I will have to get a bigger picture on tomorrow, thanks though!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

OK, hopefully a better picture!!
I am still trying to learn the ways of my camera, I took a couple with higher and lower ISO and shutter speeds...I always try and take pics when the water is a little cloudy from me moving stuff around so that doesn't help....

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm definitely open to criticism, comments, whatever
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:15 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
What is the crypt in the background center? I like it. The stem in the center bunched together is a little strange to me. My eye wants to focus solely on that bunch for some reason. If it wasn't for that I would give you a 10/10. Right now it's a 9 for sure.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
That's a sword, I think a Red Rubin?

I think the foreground looks a little empty.

I think the background will look really nice once the Rotala fill in.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Many plants...little time

PTrader: (66/100%)
I agree with Laura, the front looks a little empty. Some small rocks up front may look nice and break it up a bit...I looks great though!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

It would help so much if you would take your "bunch" plants and separate the stems. Plant them apart from each other about 1/2". That will keep it from looking overpacked in those areas and will help the stems grow much better and get more light.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks everyone SO much for the feedback--

I agree, the foreground is empty...the shorter plants I have tried to grow in tend to either get eaten by the Siamese algae eater, or don't grow very well. Maybe I will try some rocks

The big plant in the back middle is indeed a red rubin sword. I struggle with it a lot because it requires so much pruning and is really a little big for the tank, but I like it quite a bit too...and since I am upgrading soon to a 75 I decided to keep it.

Tex Gal--thanks a lot for the comments, I agree the bunched plants need to be spread out. The rotala macranda is in the front center of the tank, and I had just received it and stuck it in the substrate before I took the picture. I am not sure I like where it is at, but I don't know where to put it...any ideas? I could also always move it into my 20 long....

Thanks a lot for the comments everyone!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

I think a good place for your R. Macrandra would be on the right in front of your big green plant (Hygrophila corymbosa 'angustifolia'?). Looks like you have the space and it would give you some color on that side.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode