Jenn's Fish Room-back in the game :) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (43/100%)
Jenn's Fish Room-back in the game :)

Figured I would track my progress here as well. I am converting my home office into a partial fish room...I will however also cover my tanks not specifically in the said "fish room" here as well.

Here it is in its humble beginnings:

Please excuse the litterbox...it is unfortunately a necessity. The stands are capable of supporting 2x75G on each. I most likely will only be doing 1 75 on each. I will however be adding a 20G QT tank and a bearded dragon enclosure to them as well.

Some equipment I pulled out of storage. Those filters havent been used in over 2 years since I moved...motors all work but they need new tubing and seals. The discolored one is 12+ years old...testament to the longevity of the old Rena XP3s.

Bump: Here are some pics of my current setups:

3ft 50G Seaclear after a major trim

4ft 50G with an Astronotus crassipinnis(who says you cant keep "oscars" in a planted tank)

20G long

56G column

A.crassipinnis...very close cousin to the regular "oscar" however these guys top out at around 9".

Tubs and Dent...ironically Tubs is the slimmer of the two

3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|2x50 gallons|3x40 gallons|1x29 gallon|1x10 gallon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (43/100%)
With luck I should be wrapping up my 29G SW manifold setup this weekend. I am taking some innovation(?) from the idea of a "river tank" manifold setup and applying it to a FOWLR/Planted Macro tank. I am having some serious issues in paying $300-400 for a wavemaker so I have came up with the idea that the river manifold setup would produce a similar result especially if I paired my powerheads with Hydor deflectors. Here is my idea:

The boxes on the rear of the tank is a Skimmer and Fuge.

Also since all posts without pics suck...Deuce says hello.

3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|2x50 gallons|3x40 gallons|1x29 gallon|1x10 gallon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode