First off i would just like to say that this will be my first ever planted tank, and yes i said first and most would call me crazy but i believe that with enough research that anything is possible on the first try. Its high tech with the following products being used
= mainly tank build, hardscape, thoughts on plants etc...
= the planting begins and updates to come!
Ludwigia sp red
Eleocharis sp. mini
ammania Bondsai(True Rotala)
Hydrocotyle tripartita "japan"
Anubias, Petite Nana( Anubias Bareri var. nana petite)
- 3 Kessil a160we tuna sun led lights with controller and gooseneck.
-Aquatek dual-gauge pressure regulator 10 pound tank Doaqua diffuser +bubble counter
-Hydor 450 (75-125gallons) And a eheim skim 350
- 2 Cobalt neo-therm 100watt heater
- ADA power sand M,1 9L ada aqua soil powder and 4 to 5 9L regular
- ada bacter 100, clear super, tourmaline bc. ATM Colony
- api master test kit and gh/kh test kit
- 50year old cedar stump(fish safe since it has no more sap).
- EI Dosing
Now first i will start by showing you my stand build. The dimensions are 38"W X 20"D X 35"T
SO sadly i did not start taking picture till after i had the rap on the stand because i didnt think lol BUt here they are.
I started my using 2x4 and basicully followed Joeys video on youtube. The plywood rap is 3/4inch birch. I used small nails and also wood glue to attach the plywood rap.
Next i added the trim to the stand and nailed and wood glued them into place.
Following that i then used a nice Dark walnut Wood stain and did about two coats using a good fine haired brush and after about 2min i then rubbed all the excess stain off the wood with cloth. Dont mind the tank that is a 50gallon which i am not using for this project =)
After waiting about 1day for the stain to fully cure and seep into the wood i then used a Semi-gloss Polyurethane spray can and gave the stand 3full coats which took about 3bottles to do. And this is the final product. It took me a total of i would say 4days from start to finish doing about 1hour of work a day on it maybe 2hours for two of the days.
After completing the stand building i had in mind what i was looking for in this aquascape and was able to ind a great old peace of red cedar that my grandma had found about 45to50years ago in a spring in florida.
After doing some measurement i ended up taking a little bit off the from and sides of the driftwood to make it fit into the tank. As you can see on the right side and the front.
here is the 60gallon build
I ended up buying my glass from glasscages and i must say it came in very well rapped in cardboard and no scratches. I had the glass flat polished as well. Dimensions for the build are 37 3/4" W x 19 3/4" D x 20" T. All the glass panels are 10mm thick low iron, except the bottom which is 1/2inch thick and is reg glass.
I set it up using pipe clamps, corner claps, MDF as my platform, and zip ties as my spacer because i am using the injection method since its less likely to have air bubbles IMO
After setting it up i then put 2tacks of silicone on each side and 3tacks on the back and front bottom. Using RTV 108 Silicone
This is all i have for now but will add onto the thread as it comes along.