My Planted 20 Long (First Journal) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
My Planted 20 Long (First Journal)

Hey TPT! Just wanted to share with you all what I've been working on for a few months now. Never had a journal before so bear with me :]
Will be updating as time progresses.

Sorry for crappy photos. All taken by my nexus 5

Equipments:

-Standard 20 long
-Hydor 240 circulation pump
-Eheim skim 350
-Tetra heater
-Eheim 2213 canister
-Aquatek mini regulator (24oz tank)
-Up aqua inline diffuser
-Odyssea 3x t5ho bulbs ----> Barely switched to finnex ray 2 as plants seem to stopped growing under the odyssea fixture
-ADA aquasoil

10/15/14:

10/17/14

11/12/14

12/25/14

2/01/15

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (149/100%)
Well you sure are no newbie to this hobby Or are you? If you are, seriously, great job already right off the bat. Really nice pics and updates.

20 gallon - Sulawesi Golden rabbit snails/Japanese Trapdoor snails/RCS/Marbled crayfish tank
55 gallon - Rainbowfish Dutch scape low-tech planted tank

250 gallon - Community Tiger Oscar/Red hook silver dollar/Silver dollars/PB Jack Dempsey/Clown loaches/Tinfoil barb/Roseline sharks/Bala shark Monster fish tank
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Really great setup...that is an impressive hairgrass carpet!
How have you liked switching to the Ray2? I recently got a used FugeRay to replace a fluorescent fixture over my 30 long.

Do you have a list of flora and fauna? Most specifically, what is the stem plant with the round green leaves that is planted towards the back in this tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art by Stef* View Post
I did have a bluegill once that ate cooked pasta and bologna rinds as a treat.
Then again, that fish would probably bite on a cigarette butt.

-Stef*

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
Looking great! Love the photography skills. Maybe try to splash in some red closer to the front so we can see it? It's nice how it stands though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (123/100%)
Very nice. I like the white background better.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
Well you sure are no newbie to this hobby Or are you? If you are, seriously, great job already right off the bat. Really nice pics and updates.
Started back in 2013. This will be considered my 3rd attempt at an aquascape

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlerGame View Post
Really great setup...that is an impressive hairgrass carpet!
How have you liked switching to the Ray2? I recently got a used FugeRay to replace a fluorescent fixture over my 30 long.

Do you have a list of flora and fauna? Most specifically, what is the stem plant with the round green leaves that is planted towards the back in this tank?
I'm liking the ray 2 so far. Already seen a noticeable amount of new growth on the plants. That stem plant is true rotala indica aka ammania sp. bonsai

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub1117 View Post
Looking great! Love the photography skills. Maybe try to splash in some red closer to the front so we can see it? It's nice how it stands though!
Thanks! Certainly adding some red in the front as soon as my ar mini grows more so I can propagate it.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr740 View Post
Very nice. I like the white background better.
Me too
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Impressive !
Good job !
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (149/100%)
Aha! I knew you were no newbie! I judged ya as a newcomer since you barely posted lol and it's your first journal. Oh well.

Anyway, great job with the pics! Keepem comin'!

20 gallon - Sulawesi Golden rabbit snails/Japanese Trapdoor snails/RCS/Marbled crayfish tank
55 gallon - Rainbowfish Dutch scape low-tech planted tank

250 gallon - Community Tiger Oscar/Red hook silver dollar/Silver dollars/PB Jack Dempsey/Clown loaches/Tinfoil barb/Roseline sharks/Bala shark Monster fish tank
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 02:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I do like your scape. I prefer the dark background though. Also noticed that the intake pipe for your 2213 is being left long. You do know that you can cut the pipe to adjust for tank depth and allow the pipe to hang down off the rim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:36 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I like it with the white background too. Are you going to add any fish or inverts?
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMaster View Post
I do like your scape. I prefer the dark background though. Also noticed that the intake pipe for your 2213 is being left long. You do know that you can cut the pipe to adjust for tank depth and allow the pipe to hang down off the rim?

Hey BeastMaster, thanks for the comment. I was going to cut it but decided to keep it long in case I ever upgrade to a bigger tank. I have limited space so only one scape at a time
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09 View Post
I like it with the white background too. Are you going to add any fish or inverts?
Hey JJ09, there's a small school of emebers in there with tons of cherry shrimps.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Vang94 View Post
Hey BeastMaster, thanks for the comment. I was going to cut it but decided to keep it long in case I ever upgrade to a bigger tank. I have limited space so only one scape at a time

Gotcha, when you finally decide to upgrade, you may also want to include glass lily pipes for your new tank & scape. Good luck.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Did not realize- now that I look close on your photo I can see the little red shrimps. Cool!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
The white background really works for this tank, I like it a lot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

|
| Mr Aqua 7.5 Cube Paludarium | Zoo Med Nano Tall & Small Tall Vivariums
Fraternity of Dirt #168

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode