Naidahl's 30 Gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Naidahl's 30 Gallon

Here's the beginning of my newest aquarium venture, it will be a 30 gallon AGA setup, been piecing it together for a while now, It's going to be made up of the following:
-DIY 2x4 stand
-DIY conduit light hanger and DIY 1/2" MDF pendant
-2x39 watt t5ho
-eheim 2217
-pressurized co2(5lb tank, milwaukee reg w/ fabco nv55, rex reactor)
-60lbs flourite black(peat base layer)
-EI dosing
-too many smaller items to list

I pretty much decided to start this tank when I remembered I had a 30 gallon and a t5 retro laying in the basement, from there the spending spree began although i did get some good deals like the milwaukee reg off reef central for 50 shipped. Filter should be here tomorrow along with a few last CO2 supplies from Orlando and I'll also be finishing up my pendant hopefully. To get the thread started here's a pic of the rough hardscape

Ian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Good start.
Is the tank 3 feet long ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yep it's 36"x12"x17", no deliveries today everything should be here monday should have lots of time to work on the tank tuesday, updates soon

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I've been so busy with school lately have had no time to work on the tank but i did manage to get some things done in the last week. My plant order came in last week it included some A. nana, A. nana "petite", Blyxia japonica, Rotala indica, Rotala magenta, Heteranthera Stargrass, Bacopa carolina, Corkscrew Vals and Didiplis diandra. Got it planted and the co2 dialed in over the weekend and picked up 11 ember tetras and 4 otos today, and I'm going to get some tiger shrimp next week. After that let it grow in for a bit and start working on my aquascape.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I realize I haven't kept up on this at all so thought I'd post an update

Did a trim and rearrange yesterday and tied some nana petite on the manzanita branches. I'm trying to have to plant masses on the sides and I'm looking for a medium height plant to put in the middle back between them, right now theres just some random hygro cuttings there. Also trying to decide on a foreground/carpet plant I have some some Eleocharis "belem" but am unsure of using it for this tank I'm leaning towards something with broader leaves like Ranalisma rostrata. All current plants are: Corkscrew Vals, Rotala indica, Bacopa Carolina, Anubias nana and nana petite, random hygro cuttings and some crypt cuttings up front (neither of which will probably stay in this tank.)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Couple new pics from today:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
everything seems to be growing thats good. are you planning on doing anything in the middle?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I am looking for something in the back middle but can't quite decide on what to put there yet, just some low grow hyro cuttings growing out there for now. Left side of the tank really grew in well, switched up the flow pattern a bit and the right side is coming along nicely as well now. Also looking for some Ranalisma rostrata for a carpet plant.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Haven't posting anything in quite a while... tank as it sits today.
Flora: Lots of tall saggitaria, A. nana and A. nana petite, L. repens mini, L. brevipes, H. verticalla, E. tenellus, and E. belem
Fauna: 14 ember tetras, 4 pygmy corys, 2 otos, possibly 2 Apistogramma viejita "rio meta" coming soon

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
looks very nice!

Is that the same driftwood just moved to the center?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

same wood from the old scape just rearranged... and for new updates got 2.2 apisto viejita "rio meta" earlier this week, still young but starting to see the colors faintly shine through, here's one of the males with my ember tetras

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode