How's my tank look now??? Complete re-scape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Thumbs up How's my tank look now??? Complete re-scape

How's it going guys?!?!

Havent been around in a while, but i just wanted to stop by real quick and show off my 55g. Got fed up of the HC and switched it all around I like it so much better now. So, what do you guys think??

here's the thread with all the details if anybody's curious https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...t-10-22-a.html

September '08

January '09

~ Jose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
both scapes look awesome! Im liking the new fuller look better though, great job!

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks Neo! i like the fuller look better too. the HC was nice and all, but it was just too delicate for my tastes and uproots too easily. so i got rid of it and replaced the foreground with the blyxa japonica that had spread throughout the tank

~ Jose

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
Send a message via AIM to resowner92
Looks great!

Neil

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
looks good. i like the fuller look better, there's just more to look at...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Beautiful! What progress!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks for the comments. makes it all worth it

~ Jose

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
I really like this tank! The differences in the leaf composition and the different color greens, along with the driftwood and rocks is very pleasing to look at. Great job! Would love to see some up close shots and a plant list.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
The first scape is stunning, crisp, clean, attention grabbing and wow. The new scape is busy, facinating, attention holding and much more what I would like in my home. The new keeps the attention, allows for prolonged viewing and interesting aspects that can only be found with time spent enjoying the tank.
To me the first is pure WOW, the second is Mmmmmm, the more I look, the more I like.
Excellent work in both cases but I do like the second better.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

here's some more pics from today as requested. as for plants, here's goes a quick list. not too good with the long names

- java fern
- assorted anubias
- rotala rotundifolia
- rotala wallichii
- amazon sword
- stargrass
- blyxa japonica
- small patch of HC
- assorted mosses

enjoy

~ Jose

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Looks great. The first scape is cool, i always wonder how bored i would get with a "natural style" tank. You basically showed me. Not that either of my tanks begin to compare. Both look great but the second just could keep my attention all day.

-Matt

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to malaybiswas
I love both and can't really choose one over the other. They are completely different styles and very successful ones. The second one reminds me of my old 80 gallon scape.

Patience is the name of the game.

|
|
|
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to BTDarters
I like both, but I think I like the newer 'scape better. Mmmmmm....planted tank...*drool*

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters -
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (39/100%)
I love both tanks. There's something about the new scape that makes me drool all over, however.

- South American Fish

- Work in Progress

- Shrimp and Snails
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
I too prefer the newer scape, but the old was awesome too.

A change for the better!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode