First the Specs:
Filters: Aquaclear HOBs (20 and a 50 I think)
Substrate: Inert coarse black sand (similar to 3M)
Hardscape: Manzanita and petrified wood.
Plants...so far: Fissidens Fontanus on wood and stones, a few stems of Sunset Hygros, some kind of lace fern in the rear, and plain java fern under the branches.
Fish...so far: 9 Corydoras Sterbai, 1 Gold ram, 1 Bristlenose pleco(non-albino).
here are the photos, any suggestions are warmly welcomed!!
My first experience painting the back of the tank w/out a tank full of water and fish, using the heating unit in my apartment to dry the paint.
Manzanita pieces used. I used plastic ties to put them together but unfortunately didn't have the luxury of time to "really" experiment or even take a picture of it.
Filling up with Water. Again, didn't have the luxury of time to experiment with sloping the substrate...or even focus properly on my camera..sorry for the blurry picture. I had just ordered two bags (30lbs) Flourite Black Sand to be added on top of the existing plain black sand (23 lbs in the tank right now).
End of Day ONE, the next post is the following day.