Blazey's 20L Journal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Blazey's 20L Journal

Well this has been awaiting setup for about two months, finally got the cash to get it started, so here it is as of now! As far as stocking plans, I really want to find some pencils, I mean, really! I wanted praecox but I guess this tank is just a tad to small oh well. So if I can get a big school of pencils (like the one in my sig) of maybe 16 or so I will be happy. Also, if I can find them, a small school of about 6 celebes rainbows. I have one loner that I rescued a long time ago, but I have not been able to find any others, so, I want to try and find him some buddies. Also I want to do a school of otto's. Then maybe some apisto's or something. Maybe I will try GBR's again. I also thought about peacock gudgeons, or if I could get them, scarlet badis. I am open to options LOL. The only thing is my water is liquid rock...grrr.

Stats
65watt 10,000k pc
Rena Filstar XP1
Neptune Heater (not a brand I have ever heard of before, but I bought this thing at petsmart about 2 years ago and it has never failed me. But I have never found another one . It has never fluctuated or anything. Love it! So if you ever see one I give it a great rating!)
Maxi-Jet 600 (for extra water movement and to break up DIY Co2 should I choose to use it)
Flourite Black

Comments welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Looks like a good start!

So you're not using CO2? I think it might be wise to consider it with 65w over that tank. I have a 20H with a 55w AH supply kit over it, and algae has taken over in the past when I have run out of CO2 (I use pressurized). I know this isn't your exact setup, but I figured I'd just throw in my $0.02

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I seriously want to go pressurized, but I 1. dont know where to get/refill a tank, and two I dont have $200 extra right now. I might go DIY for a while though!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
DIY can certainly be done on a 20. Consistency will be the key. There are tons of threads about that around here. Good luck!

Mike

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodolan View Post
DIY can certainly be done on a 20. Consistency will be the key. There are tons of threads about that around here. Good luck!
Thanks, I have done tons of DIY Co2 in the past, and it has worked out well (for the exception of the first time and I did not use a back siphon stopper thing and got yeast mix in the tank-that was fun) But for the most part it has worked well!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

talked to LFS today, they said they could order me some pencil fish, but dont know how much they cost (manager was not there or something) so when its done cycling and I have some money, I want to find out how much! If not I will find some online, as I have decided I really like them
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

edit: I'd like to order from him myself, but the weather is terrible up here.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode