My first planted tank - 10g - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My first planted tank - 10g

Hello all. I've lurked on this forum for what seems like years, occasionally posting here and there. This is the first time I've started a thread and I wanted to share my first planted tank. I've learned a lot from this site and others like it, and am very happy with my tank. This tank originally was set up as an emersed HC tank, but I ended up with a mold problem from all the moisture. After scrubbing the tank and replacing the substrate I converted the tank in to an emersed microsword setup. That did really well and just about the time that I had established a nice "lawn" I moved and decided to go in a different direction. After getting the tank setup in the new place I went on a search for the perfect piece of driftwood, I ended up with a tree trunk of sorts that I think is an amazing piece. I then ordered a 36 watt bright kit from ahsupply with one of their enclosures. After getting the hardscape placed and the light ready I began my search for plants. I wanted to use fairly small leaved plants to make the tank appear larger than 10 gallons. I had mixed sucess with this and ended up with bocopa caroliana, rotala rotundifolia, and two cryptocorynes. There was initially some needle leaf ludwigia as well, but that was removed. I also attached some java moss to a piece of slate and hid it in the back of the tank for the shrimp I was planning on putting in.

Anyways, on to the pictures. They are pretty bad quality as they were taken with a cell phone camera. The first few are the worst, the last one is slightly better because I used a newer phone. The first three are from the initial setup, they were taken on 10/26, the most recent one was taken on 1/2. Obviously the tank needs a trim and a cleaning (especially the glass) I'll be sure to add more photos after that is done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1026081830.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	11392  

Name:	1026081829a.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	11393  

Name:	1026081829b.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	11394  

Name:	0102091800.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	11397  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
That's a big improvement in just a little over two months. You have a knack for depth.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looks pretty nice, but .. bit of an algae problem there hey?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viettxboii View Post
Looks pretty nice, but .. bit of an algae problem there hey?
On the glass, yes. As for the hardscape, I'm not actually sure what that is. It seems like very stringy java moss, every few weeks I grab it and pull it out in one long strand of stringy mess. It may be algae, but it comes out easily enough so I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for the comments.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode