"Meteor Crash" - Do!Aqua 60p - IAPLC entry and results! - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
"Meteor Crash" - Do!Aqua 60p - IAPLC entry and results!

Getting back into planted tanks after a year long hiatus.

I'm hoping to enter this into the 2015 IAPLC and AGA contest. There doesn't seem to be a lot of participation from the USA (only 10 in 2014's IAPLC from 2000+ entries).

The idea for the scape is that there's an explosion from either a meteor or maybe an erupting volcano on the left side, and the two arches are from magma shooting over to the right.

Currently only have some anubias nana petite, but will add riccardia, Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo, belem hairgrass, and HC.

Will probably keep this as a dry start for a while. No ideas yet for fish but will probably do a large school of a single species. Maybe green neon tetras?
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by IWANNAGOFAST; 08-30-2015 at 06:12 AM. Reason: update title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I can tell,there are pretty good skills left,welcome back...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I like the hardscape! What kind of rock is that?

110g Tropical Community & Sakura Shrimp
55g BN Breeding Grounds, Peacock Gudgeons, Panda, Pygmies, & Smudge Spot Cories, Rili Shrimp
10g RCS and show guppies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Planted Member

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth Prime, Sol System, Milky Way, Horrible Gelatinous Monster
Spectacular so far!

post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
I like the hardscape! What kind of rock is that?
That'd be ohko stone

post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 09:10 PM
dru
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Really cool start you are off to

Should be an awesome tank, will be following
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Use red fish!! Then it will look like fire bombs in the air lol
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 09:26 PM
bk.
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Sub'd. This is just awesome
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Welcome back to the planted tanks!! Stunning start! Ok forward to seeing it grow in.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
Wow that really does look like a meteor crash landing. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Software Developer~ |
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Look forward to this set up
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Got some plants in and added it to the tank.

The monte carlo is nice, a little on the bigger side so I'll keep it towards the front and have HC towards the back for a more forced perspective. I might just let the whole ground cover blend together for a more natural look though.

Got a massive amount of riccardia (mini pelia) from Tom Barr and added it to all the nooks and crannies of the ohko stone. I'm not gluing it down, but I'm hoping that if I leave it for a few weeks the moss will attach itself to the stone. If by the time it comes to fill, it hasn't stuck, I'll glue it down with some super glue.

Picking up some e. belem and HC later this week to round out everything, then comes the waiting game....
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Planted Member

Wow.. nice job dude.. I'm sub'd

post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
some von rio tetras would work well with this tank they have a red/orange color to them
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Great design.

Mini Pellia will attach to ohko in time.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode