30G journal, DIY Dreaming - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
30G journal, DIY Dreaming

I got a used 30 gallon (30"x12"x18"tall) from my in-laws this holiday season and I want to set this up as a planted tank on the cheap. Right now as it sits, the hood that it came with does not fit and is all corroded. Right now before I do anything else, I am going to make a new hood and light. I had some success making one for my Fluval Edge 12g, so I thought I would try for something a little more fancy.

For you light gurus out there, I am currently looking at Besdata 16.4ft RGB stirp of LED lights that come with a remote and are reported to be 72watts. My only concern is there is no indication given about the warmth of them.
I plan on using the whole 5m (16.4ft)
Here is the link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/Besdata-Waterproof-Changing-Flexible-Controller/dp/B00D2OHWVG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1419846540&sr=8-13&keywords=Rgb+led+strip
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of these LEDs? I am planning on a heavily planted tank with med-high light requirement.

Thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TheAnswerIs42; 12-29-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Something to add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
**bump**

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Those strip lights don't have the wattage needed to grow plants. They use very low power LEDs that work great for decoration, but wouldn't be suitable for a heavily planted tank.

Check out the Green Element Evo lights on Aquatraders.com. Very good bang for your buck.

ROAK Club Member #141
|~|
|~|

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

lol

|
| Mr Aqua 7.5 Cube Paludarium | Zoo Med Nano Tall & Small Tall Vivariums
Fraternity of Dirt #168

Tags
community tank, dirt tank, diy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode