"Untitled" Blue's ada 45p - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (19/100%)
"Untitled" Blue's ada 45p

***********Current Photo******************

What's going on everyone. I broke down my prior aquascape and am starting fresh.

Not quite sure what I want just yet but I'm leaning towards a mountain-esque scape, possible iwugami but not sure. I've got some manzanita I've been soaking for about a month that I kind of want to implement into this scape but I think it would defeat what I've got so far. Decisions decisionsI haven't had much luck attaching moss to rocks but do good with wood.

Flora
* HC
*Micranthemum Monte Carlo
*Bolbitis Sp. "Baby Leaf"
*Bolbitis Heudelotii
*Anubias nana "petite"
*Anubias nana
*S. repens
*Blyxa jap.
*H. Japan
*Downoi
*Fissidens fontanus
*Fissidens geppi
*Spikey moss
*Peacock moss[/STRIKE]
*Flame moss
*Christmas Moss

Fauna:
CRS and Snowball Shrimps
2 Otto's

*15 Galaxy Rasporas

Equipment:
Eheim 2213
ATI Sunpower 36" 6 Bulb
Ada pollen glass diffuser
Pressurized Co2
Neptune Aquacontroller

Soil:
Ada Amazonia with additives
Osmocote plus
Seiryu Stone
Manzanita from Tom Barr

The beginning:

Always love feedback. Thanks!
Blue

Last edited by ConfidentBlue; 09-23-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Edit Flora List
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks good, The rocks look good and it works well. It will look great once the plants have been put in.

Good luck...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FISHY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsedude View Post
Looks good, The rocks look good and it works well. It will look great once the plants have been put in.

Good luck...

Thank you we'll see! I'm obviously not using all the flora listed above but it's nice being able to pick and choose. I know I want to use HC for sure but I'm still debating on the others.

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

scape looks good! subscribed

Current tank:
Decomissioned tanks:

l

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 06:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
*subbed! Ooooh a 45-P, I was very close to getting this tank. Have do you like the dimensions? The pricing is very strange with smaller tanks, they seem to be around the same price regardless of volume.

I dig the rocks you have, how much were they? Are you planning to have any plants back there? Maybe a water fall of HC Cuba that runs down... lol

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

nice looking rocks
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
*subbed! Ooooh a 45-P, I was very close to getting this tank. Have do you like the dimensions? The pricing is very strange with smaller tanks, they seem to be around the same price regardless of volume.

I dig the rocks you have, how much were they? Are you planning to have any plants back there? Maybe a water fall of HC Cuba that runs down... lol

The dims are decent. I like it quite a bit but I really want to try a 45-f or a 60-f at some point . It's a challenge to scape given the small volume and allow myself enough soil to plant with.

Not quite sure what I'm going to use just yet! I'm thinking low ground cover plants, maybe a combo of HC and s repens with some Anubis petite. I know I want some moss in here somewhere I'm just trying to figure out where.

I think I spent about 150 for the Manten stone with shipping. I'm going to Aqua forest soon so I'm Prob gonna grab some more

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
They are very nice rocks indeed, the texture is great for higher scapes. Did they come in a bag label ADA or with a ADA sticker?

I think some of my ADA rocks are really just random parking lot rocks hahaha

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Great so far. Subscribed.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
They are very nice rocks indeed, the texture is great for higher scapes. Did they come in a bag label ADA or with a ADA sticker?

I think some of my ADA rocks are really just random parking lot rocks hahaha

No they picked them out and placed them into a box with packing stuff and shipped em out to me. I asked for larger pieces So they did what they could. Ideally I would have liked to hand pick them but their three hours out. All stores here locally have granite, slate, river rock and lava rock I agree, I love the texture of these!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Hoping this turns out good, I haven't had much success with HC but last time I tried dsm and it was a failure. This time around I'm flooding and cranking the co2.

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

dont think ada sell rocks , they just label it with their own names
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Algae Grower

Maybe use one of the misses and do a backdrop with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
That scape looks great. This will be nice when planted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
dont think ada sell rocks , they just label it with their own names
Yep. Sometimes the origin is known, for example Sado-Akadama rock they used to sell was collected from Sado Island with special permission from the Japanese government. Another example is the original Seiryu which hasn't been sold in a long time, was from the Seiryu region in Japan. Now it is protected so ADA sells a different rock called Ryouh that is somewhat similar. For third party sellers, the majority of rock sold as ''Seiryu'' today is actually from China. Hakkai rock was from the Hakkai river and along with Sado-Akadama and Manten is one of the three famous stones from Japan.
However a lot of the rocks origins are a mystery like Unzan, Yamaya, San Sui, Koke etc. I remember someone asked Amano where he got them from and he said "Trade secret".

Regardless great stones can be found in naturally occurring places, a lot of ADA rocks are mined and broken down for aquascape purposes.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
I like it but the dropper seems to be too big / out of place.

20 Gallon jungle tank

RAOK CLUB #0
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raith View Post
I like it but the dropper seems to be too big / out of place.

What dropper are u referring to? The co2 pollen glass or my co2 indicator that rests on the rim of the tank?

I've been debating on utilizing some erio parkeri and erio shigas for this scape as well. Maybe on the top of the scape on the right or left hand side since they stay relative small. I've got a ton of perkeri and about four shigas.

RETIRED
RETIRED

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode