"Untitled" Blue's ada 45p - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (19/100%)
Alright it's all planted for now. We'll see if I decide to change things up but so far I think I'm happy with it.

Flora:
HC
Anubias Nana "Petite" - attached with super glue
Anubias Nana - attached to lava rock
Erio Shiga- top left
3 Tonina Lotus Blossom - top left
S. Repens- top right

Here are some photos as of this morning I took with my Canon 70D (still learning) with a 50mm Lense (plastic fantastic).

Moonlights On:

Comments and suggestions are always welcome! Thanks for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RETIRED
RETIRED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 03:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Yo that sick bro, the white line running down on the right side rock gives the scape a nice "pop". The effect is more profound with the green Anuibas, I definitely like where this tank is going.

Only thing that looks out of place is the inlet. That green Ehiem hose is distracting, the entire tank and scape looks greats otherwise.

It's a scape worthy of a name, any ideas what you want to call it?

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
Yo that sick bro, the white line running down on the right side rock gives the scape a nice "pop". The effect is more profound with the green Anuibas, I definitely like where this tank is going.

Only thing that looks out of place is the inlet. That green Ehiem hose is distracting, the entire tank and scape looks greats otherwise.

It's a scape worthy of a name, any ideas what you want to call it?
Thanks Bro! Ya I agree, I need to get rid of the Eheim Inlet and go with something else. Hopefully everything will grow in nicely and thick!

I'm not real sure of a name yet, maybe "Mountain-Esque" or "Shiga Ridge", I have no freaking clue lol

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lovely rocks, the scape looks good too.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
diggin the hardscape. should looking really nice when the carpet grows out! what kind of livestock u thinking?

RIP TANKS

"
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Algae Grower

Starting to look great. I'm setting up the same tank and I'm wondering how you're finding the E-series light in terms of coverage? I've read a couple other people having issues with the light beam being too narrow and creating darker spots.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrie View Post
Starting to look great. I'm setting up the same tank and I'm wondering how you're finding the E-series light in terms of coverage? I've read a couple other people having issues with the light beam being too narrow and creating darker spots.
I did have a problem with coverage on this light before I suspended it. The beam width is fairly narrow from what I gathered. I'f I had the light in the middle of the tank, either the front or the back would be shadowed. To fix the issue I bought their hanging kit and now everything is great.

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Just a quick update shot:

I added some driftwood to the scape and attached some christmas moss and mini pellia. I needed more cover for my Apisto Macmasteri that are in the tank. The lack of cover and hiding places was driving them a bit haywire.

More info to come soon. I just finished a 3day black out due to a Rhizo outbreak I've been battling. I think I beat it back enough so hopefully the HC will take off.

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
nice looking tank, any updates?
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangewaters View Post
nice looking tank, any updates?
Thanks, The tank has actually morphed into something totally different than what it was originally. It's now primarily a Buce tank with some S. Repens, Dwarf Rotala, Monte-Carlo, Christmas Moss, Flame Moss and some other Misc. Stuff.

It houses 10 SS CRS and 9 Golden Cardinas and 2 Ottos.

I need to take some photos of it and get it up here lol. Been pretty busy but I'll do that this week since I had to take time off for an injury. I've posted a lot of photos of both my 60P and 45P on my instagram (Planted_Aquariums).

Here's some from today just of my shrimp tho:
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

One of the Buce
[/URL]

I'll take more tomorrow, Promise.

RETIRED
RETIRED

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:23 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (30/100%)
Nice hardscape! I like the addition of the driftwood, some fissidens splach or fox would look nice on it as well. Very pleasing to the eye. Something I can sit and stare at for a good amount of time. That Apisto is really sexy! I've never seen this species before. From where did you source him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Tyrone~

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (30/100%)
"Untitled" Blue's ada 45p

Just saw your latest post. So what happened to the Apisto?

~Tyrone~

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
Just saw you latest post. So what happened to the Apisto?

The Apisto's have moved from this tank to my 60P and another male to my 20G long =)

Unfortunately one of my Double Red's decided to carpet surf while I was at work. RIP buddy!

Thanks for the kind words, It's been a bit of a struggle balancing the light since I have this tank next to my 60P and they're sitting under an ATI 6bulb T5 fixture.

Have it turned down low to try and get rid of a BBA outbreak

RETIRED
RETIRED

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 06-30-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: please be mindful of language
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

the dw was a great inclusion! looks like a real winner now.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Obviously some large changes in this tank as it morphs and matures.

Had to take out one of the pieces of Manzanita as it was consumed with BBA, the healthy Buce was transferred and affixed to the piece that is in there now. Still battling the BBA but thats pretty much the only algae problem I've had thus far.

Still trying to find the magic spot with the ATI Sunpower and CO2 while limiting the Nitrate with the shrimp. If I had this tank away from the ATI I'd be able to manage it much better but hey, whats the fun in having it too easy?

So far the shrimp are doing great. No breeding yet but my water parameters are good. 5ppm Nitrate, 0 Ammonia, 4 gH, 2kH.

The S. Repens, Monte-Carlo and HC arent doing so hot but still hanging in there. The dwarf rotalla is doing good along with the Bolbitis Baby Leaf and Bolitis Heudelotii.

Sorry for the white Zip Ties since they are securing some of the Buce while it attaches. I didn't have time to take out the filters and probes since this was just a quick update shot this morning while the "Moonlight" is currently on. It's real dim in person, I just lengthened my exposure to allow more light in.

I'll snap some more when the lights are fully active.

Taken with a Canon 70D with a Canon 10-18mm lense mounted to a Manfroto groundpounder tri-pod. No flash. In-case your wondering, the watermark is for my Instagram where the majority of my photos go. (Sorry)

RETIRED
RETIRED

Last edited by ConfidentBlue; 07-02-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: watermark

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode