Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
My 20 Long after about 6 months. Before and After

Equipment:
Lights: 2 x Finnex Planted+ 30"
Circulation Pump: Hydor Koralia Nano 240
CO2 Regulator: GLA Nano V2 with 24OZ Paintball Tank
Substrate: Eco-Complete
Ferts: EI + Flourish Iron every other day (4mL)
Heater: 100W Ebo Jager
Filter: Eheim 2215 with 2 x Purigen 100mL bags.
Controller: Apex Jr. Controller with a DC4 and a pH module

The lights, CO2 and the heater are controlled by an Apex Jr. controller.

Livestock:
8 x Neon Tetras,
4 x Black Neon Tetras
4 x Oto
3 x Guppies
4 x Assassin Snails

Plants:
Glosso
Some kind of a crypt
Ludwigia Arcuata
Alternanthera reineckii 'cardinalis'

Before:

After:

Another angle:

What do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 PM
10G
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
beast, nice carpet - luvvin the layout. fresh. u trim the carpet yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

Hell yah!!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Planted Member

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth Prime, Sol System, Milky Way, Horrible Gelatinous Monster
Wow just wow!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Glosso carpet looks cool. Good idea for tank flow since with the 20L dimensions its hard to get good flow going.

Some rocks/and or driftwood would really set the tank off I think. Otherwise looks very clean.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10G View Post
beast, nice carpet - luvvin the layout. fresh. u trim the carpet yet?
Thank you. I trimmed it once before and just trimmed the Glosso down to the substrate after I took the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie321 View Post
Hell yah!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidborg View Post
Wow just wow!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericafish View Post
Glosso carpet looks cool. Good idea for tank flow since with the 20L dimensions its hard to get good flow going.

Some rocks/and or driftwood would really set the tank off I think. Otherwise looks very clean.
Flow is a problem, yes. When the CO2 is off, it's just the filter pushing water. When the CO2 comes on, the Koralia turns on along with it and pushes the flow down towards the substrate.

I am thinking of redoing the tank with just the Glosso and some stones. I have to find some stones first.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
very nice!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out which flow was best but I ended up with the spraybar on the back left of the tank with the intake on the far right back. The water sprays toward the front of the tank(and slightly downward) which pumps the co2 straight onto the carpet. Then across the front of the tank then back into the intake. I was originally using a lily pipe and powerhead in a similar way but it was causing a tornado effect and the fish seemed to swim all over the place. Now they either school in the high flow area(front left) or chill out in the calmer area on the right.

It has some advantages and disadvantages. One of my biggest peeves is when the stems reach the height of the spraybar and begin to be blown forward(blocking light to the foreground), but they do seem to grow a bit faster with the co2 directly hitting them. By that time its time to trim anyway :P. Its kind of nice too though because all the equipment becomes completely hidden by plants.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode