ADA 30-C| MicMol Planted LED Lights | Ikea stand - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
ADA 30-C| MicMol Planted LED Lights | Ikea stand

ADA 30-C ...

Pic dump, info tomorrow.

There something weird with ADA's tank, a quick google search will show that the newer sticker tanks are not as good as the older logo tanks. But check this out -

I got my first ADA tank a while back and it wasn't as "perfect" as I hope. I was told that these "hand crafted" tanks can vary in build quality depending on the batch. "Alright that cool" I thought, these expensive tanks still beat anything in my LFS. Maybe it's just me? Right?

A few pictures of sloppy silicones pop up, a few bad reviews and now I'm not feeling so bad anymore. Misery loves company right?

Then I brought this ADA 30C.....

Both my ADA 60P , 60F have imperfections, small but noticeable imperfections. This ADA 30C on the other hand is just smoking good. Is it the 5mm glass compare to the larger 6mm glass? If I run my fingers down the steam, the 30C is smooth as a baby's bottom. Both the 60's steams are a bit bumpy.

Maybe the ADA worker was super happy that day or something...

Anyways, here the Aqua Mini on the 30-C. I'm going go with the Pro instead though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)
How is that MicMol for planted tanks? The timer and programmable features seem pretty cool. I'm looking to upgrade the lighting on my 30C, which BTW did have some quality issues with the silicone.

Last edited by volatile; 12-03-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

ADA 30C "30x30x30"
Substrate - ADA AquaSoil
Fertilizer - Seachem AquaVitro Line "Iron, Nitrogen, Envy, Premier"
- Flourish Trace
- Dry fertilizers for KH2PO4, K2SO4
Lights - MicMol Planted prototype Aqua Pro w/ 20LEDs (Cree Led & Orsam)

Filter - Need suggestions for a small yet powerful filter.

Scape : I want to try doing a fantasy scape like those Vietnamese aquascapers. Every year there seem to be a Vietnamese scaper in the top 10 - 20. Maybe it's their water?

One of these is not like the other.

=======
Here a shot of the Aqua Mini Planted Led fixture with a higher colour setting compare to white -

Notice how strong the Royal Blue Cree XP-E leds are, maybe I should of went with the normal Blue instead of Royal, I guess that what testing is for though.

In the end, I decided to go with the larger Aqua Pro for it's stream line look as it's proportion is better suited for a 30x30x30 cube.

=======

=======

=======

=======

=======

=======

=======
Scape material : Ryuoh stones

=======
If you turn down the white and increase the colours, you get a nice marine look. I'm tempted to go reef...

=======

=======

=======

=======

Bracket Support
With the new acrylic screws and glass support, I felt that they are going in the right direction, which is far away from metal screws as possible.

The new fixtures have two screws instead of one and I found a nice way to keep the acrylic from touching the glass.

This is a common E-cig that you can find in your local smoke-mart, it comes with a nice thich protective cap.

It also fits perfectly with the two screws.

=======

Now all I got to do is the scape and finding a nice filter for this 30C.

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C

Last edited by FlyingHellFish; 12-04-2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: UFC 181- Johny Hendricks loses title TKO 2nd via ground and pound. Calling it....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Looking forward to this one.

-Matt

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

For filters, if you are going HOB, not many will be able to fit on the left and right side of where the light attaches. The Azoo Mignon Filter 60 is one that does fit.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Teaser

@ volatile - How noisy is it? I'm thinking of Hydro canister filters (new line?), they look decent and I like the self prime feature.

PS - Rofl, no that not the shoes I wear, those are my balcony shoes.

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Ikea's 30C stand.

Ikea's discontinued kitchen cabinet system has a wall cabinet that is perfect for the 30C. It measures 30cmx30cm with a little wiggle room at the back. The Akurum cabinet is $25 for the base and $4 for the door, not a bad price at all.

-
-
-----

MicMol Aqua Pro
___
-

The cabinet to the right is the first one I brought. I hated how tall it so I ordered the shorter version. It took forever because Ikea was switching over to their new line of kitchen cabinets.
I wanted to see what the AquaMini would look like on the stand. Amazingly good, thats what.

--

I also wanted to see what the AquaMini hanging fixture would look like. Once again, amazingly good!

---

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice find! And I like it more than the open shelf Fluval stand I'm using for my 30C. Is it the Ikea one sturdy enough to support 60+ lbs? I guess I'd have to make holes in it too for the CO2 lines and power cord for my regulator.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks, I' trying to figure out if I could add a a support beam for the light just to save on weight. I calculated the water volume at around 4 - 5 gallon with rocks, I think it should be good.

Here the pre-cut holes, they're not very big. I should of drilled bigger holes before putting the stand together.

|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode