My new 79G "Skeleton of a bush" - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My new 79G "Skeleton of a bush"

This is my tank and it is running since 28 September. Please feel free to comment as It needs much to be done before it takes its final form. Right now I am just waiting for the plants to fill in. Need more rocks to blend gravel with white sand,since the white open space is at the moment too wide.
Some information about the tank:
Dimensions:121-62-51 cm, 300L/79G
PH 6.8
Dh 8
Kh 6
NO3 12
PO4 1
Lighting: Solar max slim 4X54watt + 1 grolux 18W. Total 234W
CO2: yes
Temperature: 26*C. Elliwell controller, 300watt titanium heater.
Substrate: Ecco complete,seachem flurite. Gravel, sand.
Driftwood/stones: Skeleton of a bush collected from nature. Pagoda stones.
Fertilizers: Seachem nitrogen,phosphorus,iron,trace.

Livestock: trigonostigma heteromorpha, Crossocheilus siamensis, Neocaridina japponica.
Plants:Java fern,Crinum calamistratum.Hygrophila siamensis,Hygrophila difformis,Hygrophila rosanervig, Rotala nanjeshan, Ludwigia repens,pogostemon helferi, Echnodorus tenellus,Glossostigma elatinoides,Cryptocoryne beckettii,Alternanthera reineckii roseafolia,Bacopa caroliniana, Nesaea crassicaulis,Myriophyllum tuberculatum red, Blyxa japponica, Ceratopteris thallictroides, Micranthemum umbrosum, Eleocharis acicularis,Fontinalis antipyretica, Taxiphyllum barbieri,Lomariopsis lineata, Riccardia chamaedrypholia,Cratoneuron filicinum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:33 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
I like it! What is that moss tied to the rock in the last pic?

-Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you bro. The moss you asked is not a moss actually it is a livewort. The name is Riccardia chamaedryfolia or mini pelia.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Wow that's nice! Looks like Month 1 was a breeze!

"Modesty is the only sure bait when fishing for praise."
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Saraja87
The growth looks really vibrant and colorful!

110 Tall in progress!

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Very pretty! I like the proportion and grouping of your planted areas. Once the stems are bushing out the open space between the two plantings is going to be even more enhanced. Well done!

Are those the original Java Fern fronds or are they new growth?

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.

post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
wow nice and clean. I LIKE

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanx, glad you like it ! Yes they are the original Java ferns. On the left is the "mother fern" wich I had for one year in other tank.
Tomorrow I am going to give away the Alternanthera reineckii ,since it is too bright red and it seems not to blend with the more nature color style I am planning to achieve.Great plant though for a dutch style aquarium.

post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Month #2 update
Many things have chanched, especially at the left side witch is still under construction. Almost all plants in the left corner were replaced with new species more suitable for the aquascaping.
I have added more Harlequins (total are 20) , 5 CPDs and 10 Threadfin rainbows. Some fry of the CPDs is surviving over a month now between the plants.
What do you think?

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 02:46 AM

wow nice tank!
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Yeah, it really is, I haven't seen many on these forums I like more than this. I particularly like the lighting, unless the soft pinkish hue is a result of the photograph. Are you planning on adding any larger, centerpiece fish?
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
This is one of the finest aqauscapes that I have had the pleasure of viewing!

THanks for sharing!!!
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you my friends ! your good words give me joy and motive to go on and try to make it even better.

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
the white sand and those downois are sure in the right places!

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you Ikuzo.. I really love this plant (downoi), I think It looks great as a bunch between rocks, but it is not so nice as a full carpet plant. It also blends perfect with HC wich I couldnt find at LFS so I used my good old Glosso as a carpet (still needs time to fill in).

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode