My two tanks. 70L and 30cm cube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My two tanks. 70L and 30cm cube

Since I have to move house soon these will be taken down. I saw some planted tanks about 10 months ago that I loved (never been into fish prior) and went and bought an "all in one" style thing a week later. The hardscape is some bits of random drift wood from a pet shop. You cant see any of it anymore. I have had a lot of various plants in this and stick whatever I have left over from orders for my other tank into this one. The filter is mounted in the top and there is 1 18" (i think) 10000k globe in the hood. I have some desk lamps I stick in front of the glass with decent globes to make the hairgrass grow a little better when it is initially planted(...). I think it is about 70L. Substrate is peat covered with gravel.

Plants are currently java fern, java moss, narrow ludwigia, anubias nana,

After playing with (and reading a lot) for a while I came to the conclusion that this tank is not really suitable without extensive modification which I did not want to do for various reasons.

I ended up buying a cube (30x30x30cm). I also had a CO2 kit I had setup in the other tank but did not use anymore. I purchased a ceramic diffuser for this since the ladder style diffuser it came with was too big for the cube and looked hideous.

I picked up an eheim 2213, a 12" T5 (2x 6500k), laterite + peat with small gravel (I wanted sand but there were no pool shops close enough).

Initially it looked like this.

Then it looked like this about a month after setup.

And this about three months after setup.

The narrow leaf java fern grew horrid black fuzz so I chopped the leaves off..

Stocking is 8 Red Rasbora, 4 Corydoras Pygmaeus and some random number of glass shrimp (2 have eggs, Im sure they will all die horribly in the filter).

I wanted to grow hairgrass behine the foreground hardscape, its not going quite as well as it has in the past, i think this is due to the anubias shading most of it. Normal and narrow java fern. Java moss. Anubias petite. Anubias nana and something else that is in between them size wise.

I added glosso at the front this week, it hasnt grown in.

Thanks for looking!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode