Pico Tank NEW PICS - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Pico Tank NEW PICS

Well I finally decided it's time to start a thread on my Pico tank because it's doing really well. I was worried it wasn't going to do well so I hesitated to start a thread. I posted a few pics of it in a different thread, so I apologize if you've seen the first few before

The tank is a ~4" glass cube
The substrate is (it was layered but has since gotten mixed)
50% Schultz aquatic soil
50% white sand
No Filtration, instead:
1 airstone in the back corner for water flow
Top offs and water changes

Flora:
a few pieces of dwarf hair grass that I collected out of my friends pond and are now throwing out runners like MAD
A little bit of moss tied to a rock which is not growing much (if it all)

Fauna: some pond snails

Tank right after setting it up

Whole "tank":

Closer up (please excuse the crappy pic):

And one next to my 5.5g for a size comparison

I'm off to take some more pics now, will post them in a few

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 year old Tibetan Terrier named Whisky
11 year old miniature Poodle named Cody
I enjoy having a zoo to care for!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
And the new pics, it doesn't look like there's tons of growth, but these pictures were taken after I trimmed the grass, most of which was almost grown to the top of the tank!

a little closer up

check out the proliferation! This strand grew not just behind the rock

it wraps all the way around the rock!

From the top without flash

and with flash

Does anyone know what plant this is? It came in in rough shape with one of my plant packages and has been floating and growing in my 5.5g but it has the perfect little leaves for a pico tank so I planted it, but I have no idea what it is!

Please excuse the weird coloration, the lighting was weird so i had to play with the settings to get the plant to show clearly

3 year old Tibetan Terrier named Whisky
11 year old miniature Poodle named Cody
I enjoy having a zoo to care for!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode