90gal Corner Bowfront Adventure (Changes Made, New Pics 11-11-08) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
90gal Corner Bowfront Adventure (Changes Made, New Pics 11-11-08)

I am doing a test on my 90 gal corner bowfront tank. This tank has been up and running for about a 1 1/2 years and it has had plastic plants and rocks in it. Well, my 55 gal planted tank has spoiled me and I hate looking at them (the plastic) so I am going to put some of the following plants in there and see what happens. I do not have any money to upgrade the lights or the substrate but only to buy some plants which will be coming later this week. This is currently what I am going with:

Fluval 404 filter
300 watt Visi-therm heater
Plain gravel substrate (using root tabs)
60 watts of lighting

Plant list going to start with:
Anubius Nana
Anubius nana petites
Narrow leaf chain sword
Java Fern
Crypt Balansae
Anubius Lanceolata
Tropica Sword

Not injecting any CO2. Not sure to do the EI method of dosing or not. This start might have a quick end. The substrate and lighting is what concerns me at this point. Well here is a pic of the tank. I would like to get some Manz. D.W. to put in here and then add some moss. Don't Laugh to hard!

Also, the backgrounnd is going to go because I hate it as well but I have to empty the tank to get it off so that want happen till this winter sometime. Any comments are welcome.

Current Tank Journals:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Last edited by dewalltheway; 11-11-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:36 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Corner tanks can be quite the challenge- I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Beautiful fish, BTW.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Aquascaper = Artist

PTrader: (104/100%)
where are you going to get the nana petites?

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedobarb View Post
where are you going to get the nana petites?
I just know it is this great guy named Torpedobarb who got them out in the mail today. (Thanks) Some of those are going into my 55 gal.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
Corner tanks can be quite the challenge- I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Beautiful fish, BTW.
Thank you! It is going to be a slow process because of money and time.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Although they are hard to scape, process everything and have fun with it, things come natural. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
Tagging along. What type of Rainbows are those??

~Amanda~

54g Corner Bowfront Planted, 2x24w T5HO
220g Mixed Reef
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddna View Post
Tagging along. What type of Rainbows are those??
They are male Boesemani Rainbow. I love them. Beautiful colors.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
Are they really orange like that? I've only seen the yellows...is that because of sex? Thanks for your time..great setup!

~Amanda~

54g Corner Bowfront Planted, 2x24w T5HO
220g Mixed Reef
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I received my plants in the mail and I got this tank scaped tonight. It has some filling in to do that is for sure and I hope the plants don't die on me. Here are some pics...

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)
I love the Bosmani Rainbow fish. They are very nice.

38gal. Tetras Forest.

10gal. Jungle Low Tech.

10gal. Planted Aquarium, 38gal. Planted Aquarium.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
tank has alot of potential. Vals in the back would make it look very nice
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

There is some crypt Balanese in the back that need to grow out but vals would also look nice. Use to have some but sold all I had a while back. Darn!

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Sounds like a good project, good luck with it!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I have not updated this thread for sometime but not much has changed until this weekend. I pulled all the plants out and put into buckets and took the large rocks out. I purchased some flourite red and some laterite and after cleaning the gravel good, put this in the tank to mix with the gravel. I must not have washed the flourite good enough because I have a big red cloud of water in the tank that I am waiting to settle and filter out so I will continue tomorrow night on it. I have some manz. driftwood that I am going to put in the tank and have been arranging it on my floor to see how I want it. Here are some pics of how I think it will be.

Tank empty before adding flourite

Will continue to update as I progress. Any and all comments are welcome.

Thx for looking!

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode