Finally pics of my ADA 90P Nature Aquarium(Updated New Pics 8-7-08) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
crc

PTrader: (0/0%)
Finally pics of my ADA 90P Nature Aquarium(Updated New Pics 8-7-08)

Comments, Criticism, Suggestions welcome! Enjoy!! This is my first attempt at a planted aquarium.

Here are the specs:
Tank: ADA 90P 90x45x45cm
Lighting: 4x39watt T5 TEK Light
Co2: Pressurized with diffuser
Substrate: ADA Amazonia and ADA PowerSand Special

Flora: HC, Blyxa Japonica, Cryptocoryne Wendtii, Cryptocoryne Lutea, Cryptocoryne Balansae, Needle Leaf Java Fern, Anubias Coffelia, Anubias Nana

Fauna: 15 Red Phantom Tetra, 10 Ottos, 10 Amano Shrimp

Last edited by crc; 08-08-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (108/100%)
You went all out for your first Planted.

Wheres the HC? Can we different shots and angles? How long has it been up for? DId you take the fIlters out for the pic?

I think it maybe a little to centered though. But it does look good. Still looks like a new setup should look better when plants get acclimated.

Thanks,
Rekles75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---
Finnex---ALL SCAPES HAVE BEEN RETIRED.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Real nice first scape! The line of rocks in the front needs to change though. Its like a wall when you look at the tank. That the first thing anyone is going to look at.

|
|
|

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Looks GREAT!!!!!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 AM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
looks great! Did I sell you that needle leaf fern?

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Congrats on you ADA tank. Looks like you have a great set up. Hmm the DW on the left really looks off scale and too thick for the tank. less sand in the front and a the rocks look like a straight retaing wall maybe diff darker rock and a arranged in a more natural way. Thats just my opinion.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
Nice job on your first scape!

I agree with Bigstick on the rocks. Instead of just straight across, have some go back some and come forward and that will create some depth and then disperse some of that Blyxa around them. Also, the driftwood coming up on the left side looks out of place to me, but that is me. What matters is that you like it and what you are trying to accomplish. Good job!

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 AM

I like it! my one criticism would be that the piece of wood on the left is maybe a bit too chunky and overpowering for the 'scape.
Other than that, good job!
JC
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
I'd like to see those rocks covered with moss. The dark color would contrast nicely with the other plants.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
crc

Thanks for all the comments!

rekles75 - The HC is in the front between the rocks and the blyxa. I am hoping it will creep onto the rocks and break them up a bit.

CmLaracy - Yes that is the needle leaf you sold me. Its looks great and healthy.

Thanks for all the comments about the driftwood. I am going to consider finding a new Piece but I think some of it might also be the angle of the picture and the angle of the piece in my scape. I'll see if I can rearrange it to make it look like a better fit. As for the rocks I am hoping the HC will creep over them making it look more natural instead of a rock wall. I still have some rocks left over, would it look better to stack some more on top or in front of the existing rocks? Again thanks for all the comments, please keep them coming. Its hard to judge your tank by yourself, similar to proofreading a research paper you wrote yourself, so I value everyone's opinion!!
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
crc

BTW I didn't take the filter out for the picture. I have the glass inflow and outflow and its just hidden very well in the back. Its on the same side as the drop checker just in the back corner.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
I actually like the driftwood. If anything; just move the large piece on the left about 3 inches to the center.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
crc

FYI......This was my inparation although I chose different plants.

http://www.aquadesign.pl/galeria_182_01.htm
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
crc

So I did a little rescape tonight to break up the rock wall. I went out and bought a bunch of anubias nana at my LFS since most of my other ones melted with an excel overdose and broke up the rockwall and placed anubias all over the rocks and wood. I also took a picture at a different angle to get a better look at the driftwood and how it looks from a different angle. Tell me what you think now.....

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 02:47 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
lookin good. sweet azz fixture

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode