inareverie85's 29 Gallon - First Planted Tank! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
inareverie85's 29 Gallon - First Planted Tank!

Hi everyone. I'm an active member of APC, and I just stumbled onto these forums about a week ago. I signed up for more reading, and perhaps more opportunity to get ideas, critiques, and plants from you all. I figured I should share my main tank here, in hope of some constructive criticism. Thanks for looking!

July 3 Update:

My reds in the beginning of July were rather nice. Even the greens are greener than now. Why? My Carbo Plus CO2 Unit went kapoot. :P My tank has been without CO2 since about the 15th of July, and I am beginning to struggle with falling leaves and such. I am currently waiting on my new pressurized system to be sent to me, but I ordered it a week ago, and it just got shipped yesterday. :-/ I hope my plants can hold out.

July 26 (A little less Red and Green):

Hopefully, the front rotala stems in my next update will have more organization to them. I have an idea of trimming them in a nice bowl-shaped slope, but I need the center to grow out a bit more before I can accomplish that. Once I get my CO2, it'll be smooth sailing!

My favorite part of the tank. :P Hehe.

Thanks for looking! Any comments/critiques are appreciated.

Finally, the Specs:

29 Gallons
2x55w AHS supply kit
(Soon to be) Milwauke Regulator on a 5 lb CO2 tank
Flourite substrate
Seachem Flourish line of ferts
30% weekly WCs

Fauna:
2 German Blue Rams
5 Threadfin Rainbows
6 Harlequin Rasboras
6 Otos
10 Nerite Snails

Flora:
Tiger Lotus, E. Vesuvius, Rotala Macrandra, Rotala Indica, Ludwigia Palustris, Ludwigia Acurata, Limnophilia Aromatica, Glosso, Dwarf Lobelia, Bacopa Carolinia, Rotala Vietnam, Baby Tears, Rotala sp. Green, Cardamine Lyrata, Bacopa Monnieri, Tonina Fl., Some sort of Erio, Java Fern, Java Moss, Giant Hairgrass, Crypt. Lutea.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
OMG!! this tank is awesome!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (108/100%)
It does look nice, Great depth. I too like the Vesuvius snap shot, its hidden but when you see it it just looks like it belongs there in nature. No critism, looks like you hit the ball out the park on this one.

Thanks,
Rekles75

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---
---
Finnex---ALL SCAPES HAVE BEEN RETIRED.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
amazing, spectacular tank..
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Incredible, never would have guessed it to be your first!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
No way that's your first planted tank! Not that I doubt you.... but that is simple amazing!!!

Welcome aboard BTW!!!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Check out the thread (same title) on APC. That thread details its entire evolution. It's become this way after a few months of reorganizing and learning.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
Very nice tank! I like the natural feel you have been able to capture. The only thing that I would suggest would be to turn your flash off when taking your pic. By the way, just how many different plant types do you have in there?

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Several. Some people think I have too many, which is likely true :P It's just so hard to pick only a few species!! While I know i have too many, Im going to try my best to be organized about it. Organized Chaos is.. okay, right? :P
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
too many plants? what?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Due to issues getting my CO2 back up and running, my plants' health is worsening, and I am going to do a full clean/rescape over the next week or two. The idea of the tank will be entirely different, as I have aquired an AMAZING piece of driftwood that I wish to use in combination with some petrified wood pieces.

I hope my future scape looks better than my current one and that your advice will help me learn and grow in this hobby. I tend to throw myself entirely into these hobbies, and I won't stop working on this until I feel very accomplished. :P
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (135/99%)
I think you are beating yourself up to much about your scape. I thought it had a very natural feel and even with all the different plants you had it arranged very nice. Sorry to here you are having problems and hope you will get it corrected very soon. Also, my question above about how many diffferent plants you had was not meant to be bad but just to know how many different plant types you actually had in your tank. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you are going to do next.

Current Tank Journals:
~~~~
Retired Tank Journals:
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode