29 gallon journal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to bolivianram123
29 gallon journal

i started this tank May 24th. i know it's kind of late for a journal but i really like this tank. it's not really a planted tank, more of a, "hey youre in my house, look at this kind of showy fish tank." it's basically a livebearer tank, although i hope to one day fill it with neon tetras.

substrate: white gravel
filtration: HOB filter for up to 55 gallons.. forgot name
air pump
maybe diy co2 in the future (but i'm not doing too bad w/o it)
lighting: 2x 20 w standard lights that come with the tank. 1 power-glo 18k and 1 life-glo (don't know what k)

fauna: 3 hi-fin platy, 3 red platy, 3 adult mollies, 3 baby mollies, 1 pineapple swordtail, 1 golden wonder killie, 1 glasscatfish, 1 CAE *hoping to return soon, 2 bettas, 1 three spot gourami.

plants: java fern, l. repens, hornwort, hygrophila angustifolia, broadleaf stellata (?) water sprite, 2 different kinds of swords.

some time in june

june 20

now, august 6th.

the broadleaf stellata, basically died. the water sprite is yellowish but has new plants that are green. the hygro is doing really well and grows pretty fast. the swords are okay but i think the CAE is destoying them. and the java fern is making a lot of new plants on its leaves (didn't know that). i don't think much change is gonna happen in this one, and i dont have any noticeable algae other than that brown algae, maybe, in the gravel, so im super happy about that.
the little plants on the front right that you see are acctually trimmings from the hygro, and i'm waiting for those to grow big and stury so that i can put them in the back and have a "wall" of hygro.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode