The Planted Tank Forum banner

The EdTheEdge 90 - Updated 02/14/2010 - NEW PICS - 56K

28K views 170 replies 60 participants last post by  DerCribben 
#1 · (Edited)
I always wanted to start a journal so here it is. To start here are a few pics from my new cell phone. I know quality sucks and the images are too large..... just testing.

Specs:
90 Gal Fujimoto aquarium 36X24X24
Eheim 2217
Fluval 404
Duetto 100
Eheim 2006
Rio 50
4X96watts - one double Coralife and two single Coralifes CF
Flourite 100%
2X300w Visitherm
Pressurized CO2 - Azoo regulator via a Rhinox 2000 into my 2217 as a reactor
Setup February 2007
Dosing daily - KNO3, KCL, K2PHO4, Flourish Iron, Flourish and Mastergrow.

Plants:
Glosso
Cryptocoryne Wendti Bronze
Cryptocoryne (?) green
Ludwidgia Glandulosa
Bacopa
Corkscrew Val
Jungle Val
Alternethia Reinicki
Blyxa Japonica
Ludwigia inclinata
Ludwigia Repens
Anubias Nana

Fish:
36 Cardinals
6 Glassfish
7 Bleeding Hearts
1 Siamensis
2 Glass Cats
5 Male guppies

See less See more
#8 ·
I have to agree with everyone, the tank looks great, and those are actually pretty great quality for cell phone pics! Agree with Laura though, would love to see a FTS! :)

#14 ·
Whoa I got ninja'd on my own thread! LOL!

Thanks!

I don't like driftwood. Never have. I try and do without it if at all possible. I know that's a veritable sin on here. But I likes what I likes! And I don't likes driftwood.

The rocks are Obsidian that I collected myself at Mono Lake, CA. There is a whole mountain ( a WHOLE mountain - well actually the leftover core of a volcano) of it there just east of the lake. Ever see an Obsidian wall 50 feet high?!? Now that is cool! Everytime I head up the 395 I grab a trunk load. I use it in all my tanks.

I like to keep things simple.... Over the years I've learned to trim and replant in the proper fashion in an effort to bring out the best of each plant. I routinley toss pounds of plants every week from this tank. It's a shame but somebody's gotta do it. All my other tanks are full up so I just toss the clippings. I'd like to offer stuff on the site here but I don't have anything that is special. Just easy to grow plants that anybody should be able to grow (profusely). And beside I don't want to recreate what I have in this tank.... so each of my tanks I try and keep different as much as possible.

Right now I'm trying to speed up the L. Glandulosa as much as possible. It fell behind when I ran out of KNO3. But it's rebounding fine. It should be back to it's old glory in about 3 weeks.

Foreground plants are a freakin' pain! I went from Glosso to HC to Glosso to just letting the Blyxa grow for a while then back to Glosso. I got the Glosso tweaked in now and can grow it at will. I think I'll stay with that for a while.

#15 ·
very nice, thanks for the FTS ;) (sorry sometimes I forget I used to have no idea what the meant either :p) I love the colors, and I think it's awesome that you can get that gorgeous obsidian! A very cool look, very unique, i like the way you used it in the scape too, very nice.

On your plant clippings though, don't think no one will want your fast and easy to grow plants because you think they're not special. I'm sure they'd sell fast in the swap 'n' shop, especially if they're something you're going to toss anyway, if you only charge the cost to ship, they'll be gone in no time. A lot of people setting up their first tanks or are just getting a new tank started would probably snatch up packages of fast, easy growing plant clippings! Just a thought :)

Anyway, gorgeous tank! :)

#26 ·
I really like the texture mix you have going. The colors are a great contrast also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.