Tex Gal's 125 Re-scape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal
Tex Gal's 125 Re-scape

Thought I'd do a post for my 125g. I've been re-doing it in preparation for my new lights. I still have my background plants to grow out and others as you will see. The Koralia will be gone when I'm done with my plumbing. Thought you might enjoy seeing the progression. Still trying to get the photo exposure right.

Anubias tree

Moss tree

Sand Loach on lilly

End shot of tank

Right side

Left side

Full tank shot

Just keeping on keeping on....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)
vnice tank and photos, just watch the highlights. -1+ from wherever you are.
post #3 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
vnice tank and photos, just watch the highlights. -1+ from wherever you are.
Thanks Macclellan - My camera doesn't got down any more. I have it at -2 and that's as far as it goes. There must be another adjustment somewhere for it.....

post #4 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
GORGEOUS

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #5 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to nate_mcnasty
the only thing i don't like is how the anabius looks on the wood but other than that i love it

slowly but surly

post #6 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks Lauralee, I'm anxious to see it fill in.

Nate - I do think that the stringy roots are not great but the leaves will fill in. Also when the didiplis fills in behind it will will also look better. Maybe I should trim the anubias roots. I really like the anubias tree idea. It reminds me of a live oak here in TX. Thanks for liking the rest!

post #7 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
WHOA! looks amazing! i love it!

post #8 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to nate_mcnasty
can't wait to see to see your anuba tree maybe get diffrent type's on that tree

slowly but surly

post #9 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
i love the tank. it looks great. the only thing is that i have to agree, the anubias tree isnt too good. the roots hanging down mainly, just not very tree-like (yeah, yeah, i know theres a kind of tree that grows new trunks from its branches, but generally trees dont do that).

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #10 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

When the leaves grow up the roots will be hidden more. Also I'll trim the roots some when all the anubias acclimates to my tank. I just received a lot of it from Gw11ucb (thanks agian) and I don't want to do any cutting on it until it has a little recovery time.

I have 2 types of anubias on the tree. Anubias nana and anubias petite. That way it will look like it's always getting new leaves as some will be larger and some smaller.

I think I'm gonna switch locations of the 2 trees. Put the moss tree on the left and the anubias in the middle. That way the anubias will be in a more shaded location and also in front of the bolbitus which is darker. A better contrast. I don't know how it is gonna work with the anubias so high in the tank. It's an experiment. It's always fun to try new things!

post #11 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I really like your "oak tree" idea- I look forward to seeing how it works out.

I love how you're willing to experiment and try entirely different things!

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #12 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 07:48 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
nice tank!! what kind of camera are you using? point-and-shoot or slr?

jd

ps: fellow texan
post #13 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
love your tank tex gal!! I wished i had a 125g.
post #14 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Lauralee -thanks for the vote of confidence. I like the tree too. I do think I might should trim some of the roots off in a few days. Someone else told me the roots reminded him of spanish moss!

Marufovega- thanks! I have a olympus C-3000. I adjusted the white balance and the exposure. I need to adjust the exposure more but don't know how to do it. Thinking about trying my husband's camera. His has a wider range that's easier for me. I'm sure mine can be adjusted just a little harder to figure out.

NikonD70s- I do like it too. I can see it in my mind's eye as it will grow out. I still may have a few too many varieties of plants in there, but it's a ton better than my previous jungle look. I'm working on my collectoritis!

post #15 of 352 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:32 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
a nikon d70 should do the trick very well. that is a very good camera, and not difficult to use. make sure to use a tripod.

jd

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode