1G Shrimp Tank (56K) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
1G Shrimp Tank (56K)

I was getting fairly interested in shrimp so i went out and did something about it. I bought a 1L jar from Dollarama and bought 1 Cherry shrimp. I don't know how many shrimp i can have in there and i don't think it can be any more than 6, maybe not even that high. Can someone tell me the MAX i can put in this aquarium? I have put plants in the aquarium, just some plants that floated to the top, so i have bacopa, hygro polysperma, ludwigia, and ambulia. If i can i will find a bigger tank (maybe 1-3 gallons) probably a vase from some local place. I would love to breed shrimp but my parents probably won't allow it.
Okay, pics.

The Tank

The Plants

The Shrimp

I hope the plants will grow really good. I will do small water changes everyday so that it will be clean. I may have to get maybe some algae shrimp or something that will keep the algae down because it is by a sun lit source. If the shrimp will take care of this, then GREAT. This tank is totally low maintenance, luckily for me!

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SeaSerpant; 07-25-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Anti iwagumi

PTrader: (113/99%)
you should get a 2.5 gallon tank. super small and only 12 bucks.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I want something that my parents wouldn't mind (a.k.a something that would look nice and, maybe decorative. I will look for a picture of what i have in mind. I think that might help you guys out.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to innerchi89 Send a message via Yahoo to innerchi89
are red cherry shrimp filter feeders?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I do not know. I guess i should do some research!

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Banned

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
yea, no wonder u have tank issues. man, u cant go to a store and find sumthin that looks pretty and take it home without research and no ability to return.

and NO, RED CHERRIES ARE NOT FILTER FEEDERS.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:22 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
I'm not sure but I think this might be too small.
Check out the Shrimp forum.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/shrimp/

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman9809 View Post
yea, no wonder u have tank issues. man, u cant go to a store and find sumthin that looks pretty and take it home without research and no ability to return.

and NO, RED CHERRIES ARE NOT FILTER FEEDERS.
If he bought it from dollarama, and it's just a jar, I doubt he's going to try to return it.

But yea, definitely do some research on cherry shrimp. Getting your parents to allow you to have a larger tank is a matter of getting them to trust in your ability to maintain a tank, in large part, and doing research beforehand is a pivotal step toward that. This is not a flame, and is meant only as positive advice.

One litre of water really isnt much space, and if something goes wrong, its going to happen fast, especially without a filter. Plus, with the sun on that jar, I suspect that the temperature is going to fluctuate wildly day to night. You should track the temperature. Good luck.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyNYC View Post
If he bought it from dollarama, and it's just a jar, I doubt he's going to try to return it.
i was talkin about his fish in his 120 gallon.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I will be buying a bigger aquarium and then buy the smallest heater i can. (can someone advise me to a small heater.) not to be rude but i ALWAYS do some research before i buy something but then on the other hand i'm also very ignorant sometimes. I'm sorry if i sounded offensive but i will do my hardest to do as much research as i can.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Banned

nope, not offensive, just have to remember, you have to refrain from buying fish that u do not research in depth. i know, i know, we all face those urges, its ok, just watch out. one day you'll purchase something that'll devour your tank :P
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Hey fishman9809, I almost already did, if i hadn't researched the peacock eel and i could have bought a tiretrack eel that would eat EVERYTHING, lol. I will look in my garage for anything i can use.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Anti iwagumi

PTrader: (113/99%)
check out ebay or the SNS for some heaters. what size tank do you think youll be getting?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

maybe largest 3g. I was thinking a nice small cube or something like a betta vase. (or some vase from a store) It would either be a cube tank or a cylinder. I might just buy one of the small betta square tanks.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Okay. I have upgraded it to a gallon tank. i will hopefully soon get a 5g. Guess what i also got, GREEN WATER. LOL Lauraleellbp.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode