Start of a 55g Long (!=56k)~updated w/pics 5/10/08 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
Start of a 55g Long (!=56k)~updated w/pics 5/10/08

Ok so as not a lot of people know, i already have a 15g tank, but thought that it's time to upgrade. (we were going to upgrade in the future anyways becuase we have angelfish and opaline gouramis which need space) So we went to Petland and we found a 55g long that comes with a stand, hood, filter, and all for a great deal. We packed it in the trunk and went home. (We had to make 2 trips to drop the tank and stand home, then pick up the rest of the family ) Oh and btw, this tank has been up for about a week but i didnt have time to post anything here. Heres some pics, and I'll keep posting pics as i go along) --~[Oh and sorry for the crappy pics]~--

-some of the equipment it came with

-heres the spot we chose to put it in. ~the kitchen.

-just a view from downstairs in the living room. [you can see the 15g]

-just a pic of the 15g.

-Fillin 'er up.

-Finally, up and running.

-random shot

-Il post pics of the fish in a little bit.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

EDIT:
If at first you don't succeed, FAILURE is your destiny

Last edited by ununknown; 06-11-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 AM

I wouldnt mind a 55g
Idk about the blue gravel, looks very unnatural
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 AM
The Circumloctioner

PTrader: (37/100%)
Is that a goldfish in the top left of the 15g? Goldfish require different water parameters than tropical fish... Not to mention how insanely overstocked that tank is right now.

"-Il post pics of the fish in a little bit."
Please don't tell me you moved fish into an uncycled tank...

Also, are there plants in either of these?
I don't mean to sound rude, but this is a "Planted Tank" forum. Get some plants in there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No Pimp Club.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Whats with everyone and their blue gravel?

Also, fill that sucker up all the way. So you can't see the surface of the water.

I will second the comment on the over stocking of that 15.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

@ununkown - are you sold on that blue gravel?

nice tank though...

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ununknown View Post
(We had to make 2 trips to drop the tank and stand home, then pick up the rest of the family )
i like that, fish first family last, if it were me, i would probly be way too excited and forgot about my family, lol.

10g planted pea puffer tank (Ceviche)
10g planted freshwater invert tank
map turtle (Tamago and Wasabi) (moved to a small pond)
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roybot73 View Post
Is that a goldfish in the top left of the 15g? Goldfish require different water parameters than tropical fish... Not to mention how insanely overstocked that tank is right now.

"-Il post pics of the fish in a little bit."
Please don't tell me you moved fish into an uncycled tank...

Also, are there plants in either of these?
I don't mean to sound rude, but this is a "Planted Tank" forum. Get some plants in there!
Ok you retard, are you kidding me? I know goldfish require different parameters and i only have them to move em into the 55g for cycling. And no i didnt move the other fish into the uncycled tank. And im going to get plants later. And btw i have anger problems, so dont fricken give me info that i already know. OK, sheesh, makes me more mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfanatic View Post
Whats with everyone and their blue gravel?

Also, fill that sucker up all the way. So you can't see the surface of the water.
What if i like it not filled up all the way?? Plus, during cycling you should leave space from the rim so when the water from the filter hits the surface it creates more aeration which is necessary during cycling.

EDIT:
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Quote:
Ok you retard, are you kidding me?
Wow, with an attitude like that, dont expect much help around here.
Quote:
I know goldfish require different parameters and i only have them to move em into the 55g for cycling. And no i didnt move the other fish into the uncycled tank. And im going to get plants later. And btw i have anger problems, so dont fricken give me info that i already know. OK, sheesh, makes me more mad.
That attitude will get you far in life. Good luck with that.
Quote:
What if i like it not filled up all the way??
I say that because:
1: The constant splashing will cause faster evaporation.
and
2: You will get better water movement from the water returning from the filter.
But, hey, do what you like. I was only trying to help. I personally wont be trying to help you out in the future. See above emphasized statement for my reason.

You have a good one.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
blue gravel no-no for natural planted tank. if you like it, fine, you won't get my support nor support from others on this forum.

water level not really a big deal as you arent even growing plants in there yet so whatever you like.

just remember you are on a planted tank forum...so that means some plants are expected...

keep this in mind before you have a fit...no one REALLY cares if you don't do it right...just don't get mad when they tell you how to do it right and it's not how you want to do it...

SHEESH! Guys are just trying to help...!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
The Circumloctioner

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Ok you retard, are you kidding me? I know goldfish require different parameters and i only have them to move em into the 55g for cycling. And no i didnt move the other fish into the uncycled tank. And im going to get plants later. And btw i have anger problems, so dont fricken give me info that i already know. OK, sheesh, makes me more mad.

What if i like it not filled up all the way?? Plus, during cycling you should leave space from the rim so when the water from the filter hits the surface it creates more aeration which is necessary during cycling.
Wow!

Seriously? 'retard'?
You're making yourself look pretty good here, bro.
Leave your anger problems off of this forum, please.

No Pimp Club.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by roybot73 View Post
Wow!

Seriously? 'retard'?
You're making yourself look pretty good here, bro.
Leave your anger problems off of this forum, please.
I agree. ununknonw you are way out of line.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Ununknown everyone is just giving you advice. You can take it or leave it. No biggy. Like others here I am not fond of blue gravel. You have many affordable options like, play sand from home depot, pool sand, soil master select, kitty litter, Shultz aquasoil, natural color gravel and so forth. They will give your tank a natural look and you would spend about $20. Or someone may have some used substrate they can give you. Or you could could shell out money for new substrate.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Ok everybody. How about i start fresh,...all over. ......here goes.

Hi everyone, this is the start of my 55g long tank. So yeah ill be posting pics as i go along.

EDIT:
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Quote:
Ok you retard, are you kidding me? And btw i have anger problems, so dont fricken give me info that i already know. OK, sheesh, makes me more mad.
The next time you have a thought like this, keep it to yourself - for everyone's sake - check your personal issues at the door (or homepage in this instance). People here are free with advice (thank god)!, and when they see a problem (or potential problem) they're usually nice enough to point it out to try and save other people (like yourself, in this instance) unnecessary problems. You see?

Quote:
I don't know who told you this, but it's completely untrue. If, for some reason, you like your tank's water line exposed, please, by all means feel free to do so - everyone has their own taste. hey some people even like blue gravel!

This (the water line issue) happens to be on the list of my top pet peeves: under-filled aquariums. In my opinion, it smacks of laziness and ruins even the most well thought out and expertly executed aquascape.

Welcome to the site, nice to have you...look forward to seeing your tank mature!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Algae is over rated

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Ok everybody. How about i start fresh,...all over. ......here goes.
Hi everyone, this is the start of my 55g long tank. So yeah ill be posting pics as i go along.
I'm afraid that a fresh start is no longer possible,however an apology would have probably helped..

'Classic' EHFIPIMP #275
V/P # 5
VTS253A-1993
The first effect of a disaster is to spread a deeper gloom than is due the occasion.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode