10 Gallon Journal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
10 Gallon Journal

Hey All,

This is my first post on here, and I already am enjoying it. Thought I'd share my 10 gallon's stats.

10 Gallon Tank:
Fish: Neon Tetras, Panda Cories, Elegant Cory, and Otos
Plants: Tiger Lotus, Water Wisteria, Creeping Jenny, Taiwan Moss, Guppy Grass, Sunset Hygro, Pygmy Chain Sword and Variable Leaf Water Hyacinth
Additives: 2 Liter DIY CO2 Bottle, Flora Pride Ferts
Filtration: Aqua Clear HOB 20
Lighting: Two (2) 13 Watts Compact Fluorescent 5500K bulbs. On for 10 hours a day.

Pictures:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
Very nice tank. I'm guessing you want the chain sword to fill in and leave the middle path of white sand free of plants?

Your sunset hygro makes me want to get some for myself more than ever. After wild success with rotala rotifundiola, I have a newfound love for pink plants.

Are you sure that's wisteria in the back right? The color looks off -- very very pale compared to the lime green it normally is. Also, the leaves look more feathery than they usually are. Maybe originally grown under super high light?
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Sorry, it's actually water sprite. They are pale I'm thinking because of the shipping.

Yes, I want the chain sword to fill in on that side and the sunset hygro growing. I'm looking for anotehr carpet plants for the other size just have a nice micture

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)
tank looks good and should look better once the plants recover. but listen you will probably want a more substantial boarder against the chain sword because it will spreed alot. that stuff loved my 30 gal and was a pain to keep it from spreading to much.

"real cars don't have spark plugs"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
tank looks good and should look better once the plants recover. but listen you will probably want a more substantial boarder against the chain sword because it will spreed alot. that stuff loved my 30 gal and was a pain to keep it from spreading to much.

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I'm debating if I should put the Pygmy Chain Sword on the other side where there will be more room for it to spread. Do you think I should just put it in the otehr side?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Anti iwagumi

PTrader: (113/99%)
i really like your driftwood! but, whats that waterbottle top you got goin on there? lol
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

The water bottle top was for CO2 diffusion. It didn't really help. Thanks for the comment. I like the driftwood too!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I think that's a great start, and the plants are looking very lush.

I'd move that Nymphea lily somewhere to make it a focal point, though. And the driftwood is really cool but the lines need to be softened with some plants.

Nice job!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks. Yeah, I'm gonna to move the lily behind the pygmy chain swords and I'm hoping they'll send out runners, What do you mean by "softening the lines with some plants?"
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

New pictures!
Full Tank Shots:

Pygmy Chain Sword (sending out runner)

Water Sprite and Creeping Jenny:

Sunset Hygro:

Eichornia diversifolia:

Neon Tetra and Platy:
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (27/100%)
I've had absolutely no interest in Sunset Hygro till I saw your thread just now... *goes off to swap n shop to check...* lol

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal
You're doing a nice job!

Just keeping on keeping on....

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Yes, I really like that much better.

Where you moved the lily did "soften" the driftwood. Before there was just too much contrast- the driftwood is so dark, and you could see the entire left "hard" line or edge, and it was not "softened" by any plants. Now when you look at the driftwood, the line of the edge is "broken" by the lily leaves, and your eye will follow them around to the rest of your tank, instead of following the line of the driftwood down into the boring substrate.

Did that make sense?

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
i agree. the lotus makes it much nicer.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode